Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For All of You Interested in the Order

+60
Machiavel
B LAN T SERA
destinydemon
Abnormal Visions
TheBlessed
dagmar
aone
Seraph Absolute
Seraphiel
Sir Hitssohard
Yigh
Howlett
Pedro Penduko
Gorus the Wise
Johnny Homicide
Yiigh
iRon Heat
gandacelu
DrG House
kaox
SBDgiant
Micin
Meleagant
Artirius
Nuitari
TheAnswer
MaStur
FFister
kokapelli
Got Talak
Tara of Estia
licinius
Jesi
DaBunBun
Vaahl
Silhana
Grieg Demetrius
General Ming
Pretty Pika
Gundy
scifiassassin
Merissa
Despero
Dante Raine
dragonskin
Aquilus
Hammerstein
McCord
xalzamir
Martian Manhunter
Asgenar
PoNpieru
Jadevixen
Dr_Rick_Dagless
hermitsagemike
SinMan
Semaphor
Socrate
The Redeemer
A Nun
64 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Empty Re: For All of You Interested in the Order

Post by Tara of Estia September 2nd 2008, 8:38 pm

1. Checking out classic builds, then trying to counter them, then
making some alts with (hopefully) improved classic or otherwise builds.
2. I will be more than happy to help.
The publicity (i've been monitoring the progression of the burning monk
concept before the guilds were implemented) and the fact that the monks
are maybe the humblest of all guilds.
4. The power to be immortal, the reason - to be able to witness the selfdestruction of the human race.
Tara of Estia
Tara of Estia
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1457
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Tara_of_estia

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Empty Re: For All of You Interested in the Order

Post by Got Talak September 3rd 2008, 1:18 am

1.trying to master an already good build to the point of perfection

2.of course,my knowledge is your knowledge

3.i wanted to join a guild so i thought might as well join the best

4.the power to control everything so that i can rule the world

Got Talak
Brand New
Brand New

Number of posts : 2
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Got_talak

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda September 3rd 2008, 6:36 pm

Hai...I'm YodaMasta ;o

1. What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies?
Well, while I don't have access to a ton of respecs like so many others, I still try my best to come up with new strategies with what I have, and I've got like six different avatars all testing different builds of chars. Most of them aren't just clones of everyone else, as those are just boring..

2. Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies?
Of course I would! I love seeing new strategies come into play in the game, as seeing the exact same thing over and over and over again is really boring.

3. What made you decide to apply?
Well, I've always wanted to see how a guild works, and also, when I talk in chat, so many members of this guild are friendly, helps out, and are generally active. Most of them are even creative about things, and have been very helpful to me ;]

4. If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
Eh. Oh. I want to be like a Jedi ;] The Force seems cool, if you can count that as a superpower. I'd be able to help people out if needed with it, and, well, mind-persuasion powers are amazing too. It's like, "Give me a cookie, you will."

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesir123 September 4th 2008, 1:15 pm

1. My current High Path is Mage and i feel that mages are slowly becoming UP due to high resist gear( i hated NS3) and also, the fact that almost all their actions are resistible makes them predictable. They are especially weak against good sins and Im trying to devise strategies against them.

2. i can definitely help in loadouts, choosing openers and according skills and also in actions.

3. I was looking for a good guild and the image and name attracted me. also, i found quite a few great members.

4. mind reading, without a doubt

Aesir123

Back to top Go down

Post by kokapelli September 4th 2008, 8:42 pm

1) I am not sure I am doing anything to inprove it as of yet. I am still trying to find the approriate items to fit what I want to do.

2) I would use whatever knowledge I have accumulated in order to help those that I can.

3) I hope to help others and recieve help from them in return in all over our quests to figure out this game.

4) the power to control others minds. I would be a lot of fun.
kokapelli
kokapelli
Initiate
Initiate

Number of posts : 16
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Kokapelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Saithis September 12th 2008, 11:34 am

-I am trying to play DW assassin with SP, DED and Feint although SP and DED are not so popular for DW atm.

2. Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies?
-Yes, i think that's the function of guilds.

-Lots of good duelers in the guild, cool name for a guild also :-)

-Hmmm, the power to negate and counter all other superpowers ;-)

Saithis

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangsta September 12th 2008, 5:21 pm

. What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies?
I have been trying a high damage Feint and SP build instead of the SP DED shield assassin. It has been going very well and is great fun. I would however like to try a dodge based ambush assassin and plan on tryig that with the new respecs in october.

For sure, "Helping fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies" is my middle name rabbit

A friend from the order suggested i apply, also because my current guild is quite boring.

Honestly i would want to be able to change into any animal i wanted to, that or mind reading.

Gangsta

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Empty Joining Up

Post by Urdumb3 September 14th 2008, 8:56 am

Hey there im Urdumb3,
I've been playing the game guildless on this avatar (which is now my main) for just over a month and decided i should start seeking out a place i can chill out in. Hence my choice to join the freezing monks. Jowly messaged me after i messaged him (Smile) and told me to give it a shot on here.

Recently i've been trying to incorporate a high perception build using Fury and SP, ive also recently been playing around a bit with action sets and think i've found 2 which will go hand in hand with my high path choices.

I'd love to get into some deep conversation about different strategies id have to say my preference is with assassins though as i only have a main assassin. Hopefully we'll be able to pick up tips of each other:P

I've always wanted to be a part of the burning monks as of the massive hype behind the guild being the best, and since ive been in reach of freezing monks(35+) i've been trying to hook myself up with a passage in:) I really like how the guild is put together as an academy for burning monks and have been in contact with members from both guilds for quite a while hopefully establishing a good relationship between us.

The ability to pick good packs and lottery numbers:) I think its a fairly obvious reason why:)

Urdumb3

Back to top Go down

Post by FFister September 14th 2008, 6:36 pm

Late Founder wrote:Welcome! Glad to see you have found your way to our humble guild's forums! The Order of the Burning Monk is a competitive, friendly guild of players who desire to innovate and generally improve the Duels community. Should you be interested in joining our guild simply answer the following questions and post your replies in this thread.

im am adding more int and getting gear that has int on it
yes
jowlstar seemed kool and he helped me with my high path soo i thought i might apply
mind reading so i can know wat ppl think about me
Thank you for your interest in the Order and Happy Dueling!

FFister
Brand New
Brand New

Number of posts : 1
High Path or Class : Druid
Avatar URL : http://www.duels.com/facefister
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Empty Apllication

Post by gerry005 September 20th 2008, 8:14 pm

Im an apothecary build assassin im a basher and im good in using full action sets.
and im using 3 legendary items.

yes for them to be strong also.and so the guild too.

maybe this is the best guild for best players and players must be strong and im trying to join to
know how strong i am.
I will have a timetaravel power.to see what future is.

Thank you for your interest in the Order and Happy Dueling!

gerry005

Back to top Go down

Post by MaStur September 22nd 2008, 7:01 pm

Attempting to perfect a 3/7 strategy...3 loadouts, 7 action sets...that's it. It's a bit too limited though...so next respec I'm going for a 3/6/9 strategy...3 openers, 6 loadouts, 9 action sets. I'm a sucker for simple mathematical frameworks...I find them elegant, if not effective...that's the theory anyway... bounce

Is this a trick question? Wink

Couple nice chaps invited me! (Drizzt and Universally Speaking)

The power to read minds with uber clarity. Of course, that might be so horrifying after a couple days I'd just want to respec to flying.

MaStur
Retired Major
Retired Major

Number of posts : 375
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Mastur

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Empty Joining Up

Post by Sionn September 23rd 2008, 7:48 pm

Currently Trying to get the most out of a Slow/Insect Swarm/Nature's Embrace Druid Build. 3rd time through this build and I'm getting better at it

Definitely

Wanting to get involved in some guild vs guild battles

Flight. IT's awesome!

Sionn

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Empty Application

Post by Lasciva September 29th 2008, 11:46 am

Lately, in consultation with a fellow sledge warrior, I have been investigating the use of a hybrid dual-wield and traditional sledge skill-set for use with BBC to more efficiently deal with slow druids (as well as high dodge builds of various types). I have also created a dual-wield mace warrior alt to further experiment with the possibilities of BBC and dual wielding. Most recently I have been incorporating some of the more effective high-crit items from the Corruption set into my loadouts to improve the efficacy of my sledge opener, especially against the increased number of warriors around since the raising of the level cap to 45 using the Fortified Armor opener.

Yes indeed! I have been playing this game for several months now and have been helping other players with advice ever since I manged to figure out what I was doing. I have recieved numerous requests for tips and advice and I have always tried to help to the best of my ability.

I have been discussing strategy and trading with an OOBM member for a while now, and he suggested that I apply. I had been considering joining a guild for some time and decided to apply to this one based on his good example.

The ability to absorb and use the super-powers of others. That would allow one to grow in power and constantly adapt (without the need to respec! LOL!) to deal with new situations.

Thanks!
Laughing

Lasciva

Back to top Go down

Post by BiGiDi4 October 1st 2008, 6:58 pm

hello there =]
i just wanna say sorry if my english isnt clear enough..
hope you will understand what i was trying to write =]

so here are my answers:

1) mmm.. well.. i play "duels" around 3 hours a day.. and i spend 2 hours from the 3 watching fights of the top elite players.. learning their strategy against classes and builds and then sitting down with my friend and we start to calculate the damage, absorb and resist they have and then trying to build the perfect char spacificly against those top elite players...
we also check when players use the action "Rune of the Void" because this is the most annoying action to see against us lol

i enjoy calculating things and then decide what is the best.. and then see that my calculate was right =]
i have on my computer around 100 EXCEL files with tons of calculations about loadouts and actions and how the openner got affected by actions

altough i dont have a high win-lose ratio since i dont use ordinery builds.. i HATEbuilding a char that everyone else have the same char (a great example is the TT mages... you will never see me using a TT)

2) i didnt do all my calculates for myself XD even if i wont be in the guild.. you guys can PM me in-game and ask me questions.. i will be glad to help!!

3) i read most of the guild pages in Duels and i must say that your page and the way you preset your guild was the best and after i PM to Jambamara and we started to talk.. he talked RELLY nicely and straight to the point.. i like it!!

4) if i had a super-power.. i want it to be the option to travel in time.. i'm jewish and i really want to know what happend 5500 years ago =] if all our bible is a true story or just crap... every day i ask myself that question... and one day i wanna travel in time and finally solve that stupid question!!

thank you and i hope you understand everything i wrote
if you didnt understand.. then sorry =/ i will ty to improve my english for you =]

BiGiDi4

Back to top Go down

Post by Critz October 9th 2008, 1:26 am

1. What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies? I am working on maximizing my work as an Assassin by using a varity of types of gear. Since I do not have some of the "premium" gear that is at the top of peoples wish list I am contstant testing out new ideas to see what works. Most great SP assassins I know use clam sticks, I am using a Can Opener with pretty good success so far do to constant testing and tweaking. Just trying to prove that you dont always need the best to beat the best.

2. Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies? Of course, I am always more than happy to lend assistance to those that need it.

3. What made you decide to apply? To be honest Ive been trying to stay away from guilds because of the "elitest" attitude Ive seen from many players in certain guilds. Today I dueled an Assassin by the name of EntertheRed. After he kicked my butt he was kind enough to show me his spec/stats and give me pointers as to what I should do to correct my own spec. After about 30 min of talking back and forth he had to go take care of his kids. I nominated him for a BoA and spent about an hour working on my spec and gear working off of what EntertheRed had told me. After I was done I sent him another challenge. I think my victory caught him off guard, he didnt realize how awesome the advice was he gave me nor how much it had actually helped me. In short, the actions and assistance of one of your own guildies made me apply. Smile

4. If you had a superpower, what would it be and why? Reality Warping - the ability to reshape matter and energy, create or alter life and matter, turn a person's thoughts or desires into reality, simulate any and all other powers and abilities, bend time and space or possibly even rewrite the laws of physics. How could anyone not want to rewite the laws of physics? You can imagine the shock that Newton felt when he was hit in the head by an Apple while sitting under a tree....imagine the shock the worm would have felt when a Newton flew up off the ground and smacked the apple he was living in! Altering physics ftw!

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys!
L8r,
Critz

Critz

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAnswer October 9th 2008, 7:28 am

Currently I'm trying the different high mage paths, testing out which 3 i think works best for me with my current loadout, and tweaking my gear to suit what i find works.

Of course, I like to help as much as I can, regardless of their guild tag. I like to think I'm repaying all those that helped me when i started out, so i make every effort to help others.

I met Universally on chat earlier this evening, and he seemed to be a really great guy. I've been looking around for a guild since entering level 40, and all the Order people seem to be really helpful and nice when it comes to other people, especially on forums and in chat.

Mind Control, who wouldn't want everyone to do what they wanted? Easy pay rise anyway..

Thanks guys, hope to hear from you soon.
TheAnswer
TheAnswer
Retired Major
Retired Major

Number of posts : 550
Headshot : Meeee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuitari October 10th 2008, 7:01 pm

Hello everyone, new monk applicant here Smile.

Innovation per se, nothing yet, as I've only been playing for a week or so, and have yet to understand adequately the inner working of Duels. I do plan on testing out different skill and equipment combinations to hopefully develop something unique.

Absolutely. It's a win-win situation; the more you help, the more help you receive.

Regarding from the posts at the Duels forums, everyone from this guild seems to be very friendly and helpful, so that's what got me interested in applying here.

As many others, I'd like to have time manipulation. Being able to stop and reverse time would help in so many ways, specially when you haven't studied for that exam because you were hooked on Duels Smile.

Nuitari
Brand New
Brand New

Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Nuitari

Back to top Go down

Post by Artirius October 10th 2008, 10:49 pm

Well, hello there, I am Artirius. I have already applied to OOFM and spoken with Supalee, he directed me here and thought I would fill out this app too. Guess I will give you a brief background on me. Guilds are not new to me by any means, I played
Diablo for a long time then Everquest for even longer. I was very
active and helpful in my EQ guild. My last guild I was in was the
number 2 guild on the server and I was a top 10 druid on the server
when i retired. Those are not my only MMO's that I have been involved in. As well this is not my first web based MMO I have taken part in. I played gladiatus for a while. This is a small insight into my gaming history. So gaming/guilds especially with RPG's is nothing new
to me. I guess I will wrap it up now and let you all be the judges.

1. What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies? Well I have chosen mage/druid, back and forth, on mage now though. I am enjoying mage with the kill them hard and fast strategy. Basically if someone can outlast my damage I will most likely lose, though since i have been using this strategy usually no one can out last it unless they are higher level or better geared. I really have only lost to higher levels and legendary weapons for the most part.

2. Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies? I am pretty new still and learning much myself, but I am more than willing to eagerly help those in need anyway I can as I would in return greatly appreciate and help/advice that people can give to me.

3. What made you decide to apply? Well I was glancing through the guilds, I came across this one and I liked that it doesn't let just anybody in. I want to be in a good guild that stands together and aspires to help each other. I also like to be competitive. As well, Master of Puppets I had spoken to because of seeing his name on the top list on the home page asking him some questions. He was very nice and helpful and I would really like to join a guild with those kind of people.

4. If you had a superpower, what would it be and why? Teleportation. It would be awesome to be able to go anywhere you want to in the blink of an eye and for no cost. I was in the military and away from home, those times when you get homesick, to be able to come hang out at home for the night would have been so incredible, especially while I was overseas.

Artirius
Brand New
Brand New

Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Artirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kruga October 11th 2008, 2:53 pm

I play and test various build across all paths - so use different strategies. I have heavily played builds using Gremlins and currently playing pure MM and Ambush. I generally do testing using different builds (but only on alts as I do not respec)... Waiting for the Druid path to revamp to play again.

Yes - Guild members or not - If I feel I can & should, I do. A lot of people have helped me understand the game before (across guilds) and I see no reason not to.

Some of my closed friends are here - had already decided this would be the first guild to apply. And this time was *forced* by Sora Razz

To get any power I desire... (***Combo of  Peter Petrelli and Sylar***)

Kruga

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Empty Shield Slam

Post by gerry005 October 15th 2008, 12:09 am

Slam is a very Strong and effective against assassins and warrior.
weapons ECK or FURY
SHIELD =SPHINX OR SHARD
Armor Benician Iron lander and Nomad clan or HEADRESS. or The new Shiny Belt

Actions = Shield wall must be 4 or three and first aid and healing poition or you can add an Talisman of death.

Its nice also if you use berserk many times it adds a big slam damage ike

note if your opponent is using shiledbreaker you should use void

gerry005

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagant October 15th 2008, 8:37 am

Improving the gear to get maximum slam damage while get a little damage. Never try other path or skill that doesn't require shield, because i get this name from a knight in Brigandine and i want keep it original. while testing other path or skill with my alt.

why not? i am gladly to help but honestly, i am the one who need help here Razz i nearly don't recognize the new duels bacause i have been suspended playing duels for a long time..

My friend from my country give me suggestion to join this guild. And Sora who is my friend and junior in the university join the OOBM Very Happy

Stoping time. Because time can't go back Smile
Meleagant
Meleagant
Ordained Minister
Ordained Minister

Number of posts : 114
High Path or Class : Warrior
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Meleagant

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Empty applyin..

Post by jezza October 17th 2008, 8:26 am

To reach 100 tournament wins. and claim 1 of all badges.

Yes.

The warm welcum from most members.

Extreme luck, lol to pull all artifacts, sell them and shout the whole guild a legendary each =)

jezza

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Empty Applying

Post by xx Infer October 17th 2008, 7:47 pm

At the moment I am working on using my SS & SH on the right path, to see which one is more efficient.

I would help them by giving any help with their paths/action sets where I can help. If I wasn't going to be on for awhile lend out some gear.
I wanted a good, friendly, competitve sort of guild. When looking through I saw that Freezing/Burning would be good for me.

I would choose the superpower of flying. Everyone dreams of flying, without an engine. The endless time you can spend flying to new horizans would never bore. This way you can take others with you too.

Thanks for reading. =)

Infernus

xx Infer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilythiir November 16th 2008, 1:52 pm

1. Righ now for the most part I have the tools I need to make my builds work , I am working with Apo and PS obviously... as of right now they are what we Assassins have to work with. I am currently studying opposing high path strategies and working on counters to their actions to help give me an edge in the duels im involved with.

2. Of course I would be willing to do all that is needed to help give me team the edge that is needed to put us on top of the duels community.

3. I checked out all the guilds in our community and I decided that OBM is a place that I can not only grow as a player and take my game to the next level but also is a guild that is top echelon and can compete at the highest level. I think that I am ready to take that next step and start competeing at that level and want to do it with a group of people that
are like minded in my aspirations.

4. I would want immortality. The ability to survive I think would be amazing because through time you can fix whatever mistakes you have made.
with enough money you can make up for whatever shortcomings you have physicaly.
And maybe teleportation... because I hate wasting time traveling it would just be cool to pop into places... like europe or asia. I think I would stick with Immortality though because teleportation is useless if you are dead Smile

Thank you for your consideration and I hope to be with you guys soon!

Ilythiir

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 4 Empty guild application

Post by msp December 1st 2008, 3:27 am

1. My main goal in regards to innovating my path is to create viable builds with a wide range of items from rare to legendary.In this pursuit ive amassed an inventory of over 2000 items on this avatar alone. My purpose is to first create working builds so that I have a better understanding of the effects items actionsets and openers have when combined with each other and how the work against different opponents. This understanding has allowed me to help others with builds actionsets and strategies to become a better Assassin even without the "best" gear. I believe that this will in turn allow players that cannot attain hi cost items (from choice or from opportunity) to still have fun and do well in this game.

2. Yes! I am totally willing to help my guildmates with anything that i am able to. From loaning items to helping someone "test" a build or just providing advice on a build, opponent, etc I welcome the opportunity.

3. After being in a guild that has been inactive for sometime I decided to look for a guild that has active members in forums,chat,ladders,tourneys etc. Im applying to this guild because of the caliber of its members ive faced in duels and the openess to help others that ive seen from its members in chat/forums. Ive also gotten to know some of the members in chat and received help myself with my alt that is druid path (which im not as familiar with as my current path) from Jowls. Basically I am applying because I know i will improve as a Duelist and that I can positively contribute to this guild and its members.

4.Many come to mind but the one comes to the forefront: the ability to fly. With that id be able to save gas (which helps the enviroment and my wallet), look awesome, and wear a cape without being made fun of.

Thanks!

-msp

msp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum