Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For All of You Interested in the Order

+60
Machiavel
B LAN T SERA
destinydemon
Abnormal Visions
TheBlessed
dagmar
aone
Seraph Absolute
Seraphiel
Sir Hitssohard
Yigh
Howlett
Pedro Penduko
Gorus the Wise
Johnny Homicide
Yiigh
iRon Heat
gandacelu
DrG House
kaox
SBDgiant
Micin
Meleagant
Artirius
Nuitari
TheAnswer
MaStur
FFister
kokapelli
Got Talak
Tara of Estia
licinius
Jesi
DaBunBun
Vaahl
Silhana
Grieg Demetrius
General Ming
Pretty Pika
Gundy
scifiassassin
Merissa
Despero
Dante Raine
dragonskin
Aquilus
Hammerstein
McCord
xalzamir
Martian Manhunter
Asgenar
PoNpieru
Jadevixen
Dr_Rick_Dagless
hermitsagemike
SinMan
Semaphor
Socrate
The Redeemer
A Nun
64 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Empty Application Form

Post by Pedro Pe December 10th 2008, 1:49 pm

1. What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies?
-to innovate my path's strategies, i my self create a test character and create different paths and builds.. i learn from talking to some pro's and researching for hours from myown fight to pro's fights..

2. Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies?
-i am willing to help at all time for whatever i can do/give..

3. What made you decide to apply?
- i decided to apply because of stories i heard frommy good friend Yvvaine Fallenstar of Freezing Monks that the monk family is kind and definetly has team work.. and by the way Mr. SupaLee talk to me, he is kind as he is smart.. i admire that unlike other pro's..

4. If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
-powers?.. ithink power like Pain of Akatsuki in naruto series..
has the ability to control 6 more bodies and each has differnt skills to use and when one sees all sees..

I hope i can join the family..
thanks for readingmy Application form..
-Pedro P.

Pedro Pe

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Empty Re: For All of You Interested in the Order

Post by The Nunn December 17th 2008, 6:26 pm

I am currently testing out being a Battle Mage and am one of the few giving an honest go at it. I enjoy this strategy very much and is a nice break from the norm of staff and wand magery. Now that I have reached 45 I hope to refine this build to reach full competitive status and maybe see those Mystery Fists get a little more popular. Wink

2. Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies?

Of course, imo this is the main function of guild, a community of people who enjoy a game and mutually hone each other's skills.

Hmmm, Definitely not because it is a guild full of great people. Also, I hate the fact that I am good friends with a number of members. Honestly, why am I applying for this? lol!

4. If you had a super power what would it be?

Easy, Telekinesis. ABility to move things with your mind would be amazingly fun and applicable. Plus you could fly (either by moving an object you are standing on or controlling your own body). Also you don't have to be a big buff Schwarzenegger to be able to use this power and take down the big bads.

The Nunn

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Empty Re: For All of You Interested in the Order

Post by Micin December 22nd 2008, 5:09 pm

I focus on Talak and Fire shield, tring to create loadout giving best speed and int atributes in order to inflict massive damage to opponent and K.O. him very quickly.

Of course I will, helping each other is one of the most important thing in guild :-) Just ask me and I will help. And I also presume that others will help me ;-)

Definatelly high prestige amog other guilds and the fact that OOFM/OOBM is active with its own web forum :-)

4. If you had a super power what would it be?

Telekinesis, without question :-) I dream about it since I first saw Star Wars.

Micin
Brand New
Brand New

Number of posts : 1
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Micin

Back to top Go down

Post by SBDgiant January 2nd 2009, 5:18 pm

I've been posting in suggestions and going through respec after respec to find what works the best. I have also been giving suggestion in the duels forums on things I think could be worked on... and things I didn't think through completely.

I will accept any challenge to help someone out in the guild. If they have a question, I'll be happy to help

The name, also every player I have encountered from the orders of the Monks have been great.

If... um... if... I do, it's in my name, and my origin (I eat my veggies)
SBDgiant
SBDgiant
Initiate
Initiate

Number of posts : 9
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Sbdgiant

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDru po January 6th 2009, 3:43 pm

To take the path less travelled and make it work - Well. untill IS got well nerfed

After I have figured out how this game works

Like all humans - the entrenched desire to belong to something greater

Balefire - seems to work well against the Forsaken (Yes, yes, I am reading Wheel of Time Again)

DrDru po

Back to top Go down

Post by The Redeemer January 6th 2009, 4:28 pm

--I
think respeccing from a VERY reliable Druid build to the High Path of
the Warrior was innovative enough to show myself as someone who likes a
bit of a challenge. Since my recent Crest pull, I figured I would spend
my skill points to the 3rd Tier and roll with a SS build. I really
wanted to switch to an Assassin more, but the challenge of working on
an unbalanced Warrior will keep me coming back for more.

--Absolutely.
If it has to do with strategies, loadouts, etc. I'm always there to put
other's before myself. I know that I have offered Jowl a couple of
times if he ever needed to loan any items to "get that Warrior off the
ground" recently. Granted he bought some items, but he had one hell of
a deal. :-) I've been playing for just about 7 months (not
continuously...had a month off) and I've seen the game's changes after
every beta - and I've played during every one. I know the game...where
it's been...and where it's going and I'm always willing to share my
knowledge.

--To be
honest, it was how your member's act within the chat room. The people
that I was most comfortable talking to and just talking about the game
just happened to be 90%+ member's of your guild. From that point...and
feeling more comfortable around you guys than anyone else, I knew I had
to try to become a part of it. Jowl pointed me to Nun and Nun kind of
forgot (I know you're busy!) Buster then accidentally whispered me (I
think he was trying to talk to Jowl) asking if I was interested and I
told him I was. From there, Buster told me that he would be interested
in having me be part of the family and asked me to fill out this
application first.

--Time
Manipulation. Sometimes the worst of times can last forever and the
best of times run too short. Having the ability to manipulate that
would be amazing.

(And who wouldn't want a little extra sleep every now and then?) :-)

And
if that question was a trick question...for some psychological purpose,
then I'll admit that I didn't think too deep into it which is odd for
me because I over-analyze a lot of things in life. :-P

Thanks everyone...I'll keep my fingers crossed. :-D

The Redeemer
Retired Major General
Retired Major General

Number of posts : 724
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 The_redeemer

Back to top Go down

Post by Semaphor January 6th 2009, 8:19 pm

The Redeemer wrote:

--I
think respeccing from a VERY reliable Druid build to the High Path of
the Warrior was innovative enough to show myself as someone who likes a
bit of a challenge. Since my recent Crest pull, I figured I would spend
my skill points to the 3rd Tier and roll with a SS build. I really
wanted to switch to an Assassin more, but the challenge of working on
an unbalanced Warrior will keep me coming back for more.

--Absolutely.
If it has to do with strategies, loadouts, etc. I'm always there to put
other's before myself. I know that I have offered Jowl a couple of
times if he ever needed to loan any items to "get that Warrior off the
ground" recently. Granted he bought some items, but he had one hell of
a deal. :-) I've been playing for just about 7 months (not
continuously...had a month off) and I've seen the game's changes after
every beta - and I've played during every one. I know the game...where
it's been...and where it's going and I'm always willing to share my
knowledge.

--To be
honest, it was how your member's act within the chat room. The people
that I was most comfortable talking to and just talking about the game
just happened to be 90%+ member's of your guild. From that point...and
feeling more comfortable around you guys than anyone else, I knew I had
to try to become a part of it. Jowl pointed me to Nun and Nun kind of
forgot (I know you're busy!) Buster then accidentally whispered me (I
think he was trying to talk to Jowl) asking if I was interested and I
told him I was. From there, Buster told me that he would be interested
in having me be part of the family and asked me to fill out this
application first.

--Time
Manipulation. Sometimes the worst of times can last forever and the
best of times run too short. Having the ability to manipulate that
would be amazing.

(And who wouldn't want a little extra sleep every now and then?) :-)

And
if that question was a trick question...for some psychological purpose,
then I'll admit that I didn't think too deep into it which is odd for
me because I over-analyze a lot of things in life. :-P

Thanks everyone...I'll keep my fingers crossed. :-D

Hey! No re-application after being booted!! Go away Razz
Semaphor
Semaphor
Retired Lieutenant General
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1613
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Semaphor

Back to top Go down

Post by No More January 13th 2009, 6:37 pm

Well right now i am trying an IS druid and there is actually quite a bit of strategy required to make it work against certain builds such as gaze, which is becoming VERY common. I have also used just about every other build as well testing and trying to make it work.

Well, yeah! If someone in the guild knows how to help me get better, then i would want them to tell me, so i try to treat others the same.

Someone in the chat room recommended that i register, telling me how much of a help it could be by getting advice from other guild members and other various types of help. If something can make me better, then i would like to be a part of it! Also, there are just so many good people affiliated with OOBM/OOFM.

hmm...tough one. I'd probably have to say controlling time. I make a helluva lot of mistakes and i would love to be able to go back and fix them.

No More

Back to top Go down

Post by kaox January 23rd 2009, 12:21 am

1. What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies? Trying various openers currently as I am just back post beta changes, was an early adopter of Staff focus - now I don't see many wand users left.

2. Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies? Yes - anything I can do to help just let me know.

3. What made you decide to apply? Helpfulness of other monks on the duels forums

4. If you had a superpower, what would it be and why? Telekniesis!

kaox
Brand New
Brand New

Avatar URL : [url=http://www.duels.com/kaox[/url]
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Kaox

Back to top Go down

Post by man of t January 26th 2009, 11:29 pm

drkshadow1 asked me to aply

1st to change warriors from stregth builders to stanima builders

2nd i would when i could

3rd a commited group of people willing to help each other

4th who needs a super power when you have friends

man of t

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Empty I want to join your guild...

Post by Rockfist January 27th 2009, 6:12 pm

Hello

ok.. this is gonna take a while Smile

1.What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies?
When i started playing duels in autumn 2007 everybody and their mother, brother and rest of the family were either FA tanks or Blastwave mages. I wanted something different and went for the other one round kill skill - FF. I wasnt very successful with it, but in the end, when i aquired gear it became better. So you could say, that i went different way since the beginning.

Then the duels 2.0 changes happened and suddenly speed became THE stat. Mages went wandslingers... but i went for speed based ff char with.... Clamstick. That char was called IRB4B00N... freak char(name) for freak strategy. All(and i mean ALL - 99..% of them) the druids went for ice storm, but i chose shakes and i did quite good with it.

Ive always been interested in unconventional strategies, even when there are more powerful strategies available.

I will, but the game seriously lacks flexibility. The skills make what you are and there is very little room for cool skill combinations. So even though i will do what i can, most chars will look exactly like the next and only how you pick your actions and guess opponents strategy can make you a winner.

3.What made you decide to apply?
I came back to this game after beeing away for 10 months, since last january. I came back hoping the team battles are going on already. They arent, but since the game got me somewhat hooked atm, i decided to find a guild. I've been contacted by several players whom i knew from when i used to play one year ago and i asked around for friendly, yet active and skillful guild. Friendlyness was probably the most important thing and it seems, that several people know this guild by that trait.

Id take Peter Petrelli's (heroes) power. Well, he can do almost anything and dont have to kill anybody to gain something new. Id probably be forced to fight evil then though... so perhaps id settle for fast regeneration... keeps me alive and nobody expects me to do much Razz

Thats it.

Rockfist

Rockfist

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion January 30th 2009, 9:36 pm

1 i am currently running with Gaze and Insect Swarm im Doing ok with that and placed 78th in the 40-44 ladder.I am placed now at 81st

2 I can always find a way to help druids and mages but ive never liked to play warrior so im not to smart when it comes to warriors

3 i decided to apply because the monks are the ones that were always there to give me a tip or two to improve my build

4 i would like to be super fast so i can counter my opponents easily

Legion Maximus

Legion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Ki February 5th 2009, 11:43 pm

I'm trying to do Ambush with wood cutters and Manstompers once I get them.

Sure, I dont see why not. Ask, and if i'm not busy with something else, i'll be sure to help you out. I have experience with all 4 classes and I daresay, pretty good success with everything. So I know how things intereact so i'll be able to point out any flaws/ throw in constructive criticism.

the redeemer pointed it out to me, i like buster and some of the other OOBM. Process is nice, but they take their game waay too seriously.. I dont want playing Duels to feel like a task. I want to win and have fun while i'm at it. It'd be nice to be friends with people who knew what they were doing too.

Making the world a better place.. Becuase... I dunno.. Doing good stuff makes me feel warm on the inside.

Ninja Ki

Back to top Go down

Post by DrG House February 15th 2009, 12:23 pm

Hm, I was once an assassin and kept getting, for lack of a better term, owned by druids. Then I met Tayone and Jowlstar in the chat room and (Tayone mostly) suggested I become a druid because it would increase my chances at winning. At first I was a bit skeptical because of talk about a "nerf" of the druid path. Because of the free respecs I checked it out. So after a few days, I was very happy with the results. I am staying with it and am winning a lot more now! Not so sure about the question, but it seems to me that Gaze of the Basilisk is very effective against warriors (stamina reduction) and usually works out when an assassin is using precise strikes!

Yes. I'll do whatever I can with my limited knowledge of this game. However, the only classes I'm expirienced in is assassin and a little bit as a Druid.

I heard from various people and read on the guildpage that this is a friendly place to learn and comminicate! A lot of the cool people I've met are in this guild and wanted to follow in their footsteps.

Um....I would have to say having the ability to move things with my brain (telekenisis?) because well...I could move things in my way, and would never have to wait in the road about traffic...(haha)...

DrG House
Brand New
Brand New

Number of posts : 4
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorsledr February 16th 2009, 7:39 pm

Hi, I would like to get accepted into your guild.

1st. Currently I'm working on a wand using druid. I am trying to get a build that is crit heavy while still having enough HP to last against IP mages. I was active in the second beta with my other character.

2nd. Anything I can do to help other people I will, I remember what it was like when I was one of those people asking everybody for help. (I still do some)

3rd. I was Unsatisfied with my previous guild. I was looking for a friendlier, more active guild and i was directed here by 5 Vegas.

4th. My super power would be Telekinesis ism? I would be a telekinetic so I could influence the packs I drew Smile

Lorsledr

Back to top Go down

Post by lorsledr February 16th 2009, 7:41 pm

I didn't copy the superpower from DrG house, I didn't see it until I had already posted.

lorsledr

Back to top Go down

Post by gandacelu March 4th 2009, 5:40 pm

Well hi everyone!!
I'm trying to be more flexible with the assasin class, I'd like to create a build that works well both offensively and defensively and is competitive against every class..in this moment i'm using 4 openers and it is very good!
Of course
Well cause i'm looking to be in a active guild and with better people
I have one!!Mad .....just kiding....aaaaaaaa ...invisible man..yeahh..i don't know why...just like that!

gandacelu
Brand New
Brand New

Avatar URL : http://www.duels.com/gandacelu
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Gandacelu

Back to top Go down

Post by wetryu March 4th 2009, 6:45 pm

Hey everyone!

Well after failing warrior and asassin these days I'm trying to improve my gaze/Is build by adding an effective tierII opener so far I got to the point where I have to be lvl 55 to do that:P

Anytime especially since I'm on allmost 24/7:)

Well just talking to DnD a few days ago made me wanna apply, very nice person...but also I had to deal with other good ppl in 'the monk family'Smile Not to mention it's a very active guild with so many capable players.

No doubt on this one I would like the ability to get Daytona to create an action set and to get Gandacelu to write his own application (we all know his girlfriend did rofl) just kidding:D No really I think I'd like to live forever cause then I would have time for everything:)

wetryu

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Empty hello

Post by Daytona March 5th 2009, 8:29 am

Hey everyone!!!

well for now me and my friend wetryu made a real good str/pers gaze ... i have ice storm too that works good for now.... and with the items i have that's about the best i can do ...

i doubt that the other guild members will ask for my advice... but if they do i will be more than happy to help ...guild members or other players ...

a few days ago my good friend gandacelu told me : OMG we hit the jackpot ... i said ...dude chill...tell me what happened ...he said i talked to DeD about joining the guild and he said that we are welcome if we want ... talked to him ... told me to post here and wait for u'r votes ... bla bla bla ... her's my post Smile

hehe ...time for a joke .... well if i had a superpower i wold love to be an magician to make a chestpiece and a mantle from 2 gold coins Very Happy and after that to tell gandacelu about my new 2 arti and see his face when : his blood will come out of his nose .... hes eyes will get dark ... hes skin will fall off his face ... and all that Razz hehe what a good dream ...i would love that to happen ... no for real ... if i would have a superpower i want to have the ability to transof myself >>>> i want to become a small black chield from africa so brad and angelina jolie would adopt me ...huhu ...breast feed from angelina 24/7 ....wow that sounds good ... my biggest dilema would be...hmm the left one today ??? ...had the other one yesterday .... ufff... i think i'll go for the midle Smile))

Daytona

Back to top Go down

Post by iRon Heat March 14th 2009, 2:02 pm

Proud to be member of the Order of the freezing monk... Thank you..

I try and try again, until i get the best combine for counter all against path..
And combine the opener and the action point to get the best performance..

I quest i'll try my best..

Thanks to howie_felthersnatch who invited me..
And who doesn't want to join the monk?? Smile

IMMORTAL, Cuz i want to live 1000 years more.. Smile

Thank you...

iRon Heat
Brand New
Brand New

High Path or Class : Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Yiigh March 24th 2009, 11:03 pm

I have returned from my hiatus, and wondering if you guys would still have me. I dont need help in terms of equip and stuff, but it would be cool to join. You guys can find me under the name Pedrobear. School is done and coffe gets a lot more boring now -.-

Also, I'd like it out there that I can understand if I dont get re-admitted. In my current state, not very competitive. Although my token whoring skills still seem to be with me Very Happy

Synergies of actions, ambi, and quickness for high attack rate, perception equips for more crits, and with fortify, for gobs of hp not to mention strength boost. Highpath of warrior

Always have, always will.

For old time's sake.

Rapid fast internet. Because Duels loads awfully slow.

Yiigh
Brand New
Brand New

High Path or Class : Undecided

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Empty Application

Post by DaElf April 13th 2009, 4:45 pm

Find the perfect action set/loadout for gaze right now Sad

Well, yes, obviously Very Happy

Friends in the guild.

I'd be omnipotent, kinda covers everything, 'nuff said Very Happy

DaElf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuku April 20th 2009, 11:05 am

What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies?
I am looking over all duels, finding out why I had won or lost them, and making a note of it for the next battle or future battles of similar opponents.

Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies?
Oh yeah! Heck, I do it for guys with out a guild and have names like RwX7... lol

What made you decide to apply?

Almost every honest, outgoing, helpful, and friendly duellist I come across is a member of the monks, either burning or freezing. I thought that I would have a good time here, and that the opportunity of becoming a monk would bring that much more to my in game experience.

If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
Oh man, I am really struggling with this one... I would just want to be able to fly, because then I could see all the beauty in the nature world easily and share it with those I am closest too.

Kuku

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Homicide April 26th 2009, 12:32 am

studying each duel and each player. switching gears when required and attempting to make the right action set for each player

I'm always willing to help anyone anytime.. i'm very friendly and easy to talk to.. i would help players with their strategies if i could. and am open to any and all constructive criticism.

I applied to meet new players and be a part of what is clearly a powerful and knowledgeable guild

I can only choose one?.. well i suppose it would have to be the ability to move objects with my mind.. i can't tell u how many times i've been laying down relaxing with my laptop on my chest, only to notice i left my corn nuts on the table.
Johnny Homicide
Johnny Homicide
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 238

Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 5 Johnny_homicide

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorus the Wise April 26th 2009, 7:05 am

1. Well, I've always been trying stack intelligence and use openers that need them like Talak's and FS. I respec, only when the bandwagon turns to a road which can strike me down and I usually try to make builds that can counter a lot of openers.

2. I've been doing that all the time and I'm certainly gonna keep doing it, I also have quite big experience with playing Asassins and Druids so I think i can be quite good of a helper.

3. The fact that almost all people that are good and nice in the game are here.

4. My superpower?... hmm... I guess it would be ability to change my superpower to whatever I want, usefull don't you think?

Gorus the Wise
Brand New
Brand New

Number of posts : 4
Headshot : Feel the power of Fire!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum