Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimson Kata Mines (l. 49 triland)

3 posters

Go down

Crimson Kata Mines (l. 49 triland) Empty Crimson Kata Mines (l. 49 triland)

Post by lessigfan May 4th 2011, 4:50 pm

I noticed we didn't have a full guide on this, so here is what I do:

Fight 1: EDIT: Tabernacle has it right, ongoing melee debuff + armor and he exhausts himself. Easy. You get -40 spirit at the beginning, so you'll need a full set of charms and ~65 spirit. You've got to average more than 100 damage/round. High end summons, spirit, & aura/proj *can* work, but it is a crapshoot. You can't do banes (they heal & buff him). Very difficult.

Fight 2: Cleanse, armor, & heal. They kill themselves. You can extend their banes too if you'd like, but it isn't necessary. Very easy.

Fight 3: A few ongoing magic/melee debuffs and a bunch of fire/shadow/lightning, either defensive or banes. It kills itself and protects you. Easy.

Fight 4: Massive CPB. All the hyphused gear you've got, blood pact (no EAs), release karma, and all the double hits you can swing (slash & thrust, corrupted fireblade, eroded wave splitter, full moon). Fill the rest with melee charms, especially ones adding ward or debuffing magic (battle molded axe, frigid damsel, slashing axe "welcome" etc). I like baralas legacy too. Easy. It should work with a bunch of double-runed vita (earth, holy, frost) and ward, I haven't got it right.

Last edited by lessigfan on May 5th 2011, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Crimson Kata Mines (l. 49 triland) 41152

Back to top Go down

Crimson Kata Mines (l. 49 triland) Empty Re: Crimson Kata Mines (l. 49 triland)

Post by Tabernacle May 4th 2011, 6:55 pm

For fight 1, the key is melee debuff and armor. You can get the thief to spirit himself to death by triggering his extra actions.
Whenever he uses a melee attack, if you have armor left after the hit he get's an extra action that self spirits and he never gets dizzy. Throw together your best melee debuffs and armor charms and let him whack away at you until he dies.

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Crimson Kata Mines (l. 49 triland) Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Post by Novacat May 4th 2011, 9:06 pm

For fight 1, I use about a 50-50 mix of armor and spirit runes. Worked initially with 61 charms, but not every time. Works fairly well for 65.

For fight 4, I use all the multi-rune vita and kata charms, and tune the deck with the right balance of magic charms of each type.
Novacat
Novacat
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 125
High Path or Class : Paladin
Headshot : Crimson Kata Mines (l. 49 triland) 62282

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down