Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scorching Sands (l. 44 Triland)

2 posters

Go down

Scorching Sands (l. 44 Triland) Empty Scorching Sands (l. 44 Triland)

Post by lessigfan April 21st 2011, 3:02 am

First Fight: You're up against a standard berserker - except he builds CPB very fast. Easy peasy - just use magic and some armor. You should short deck it. If you have purge, that's a winner. He gets too many immunities to melee for that to work, banes fuel his CPB, and too much will and spirit for a spirit deck. Summon might do it, I didn't try.

Second Fight: Short deck this (~35 non EA charms) with delayed auras and "for each aura" charms. Release Seal, Retreat, plus some that take advantage of the number auras: Grip of the Whirlwind, Niflungar Spear/Lance, and Energy Burst is handy. Throw in some ward, and melee charms that add a bunch of ward (like Battle Molded Axe). If you have space, Circle of Life, Luminare. Maybe Echo Shield might be OK, skip Skull Greaves & Suncharged Bracers).

Third Fight: You have to dispel all the illusions (curses) except dust cloud. Destroying her 80 ward in one round dispels the Oasis curse, so big magic damage or ward destruction. Destroying her armor dispels the wavering pillar curse, do this with several auras of any kind. A +30 or so ongoing melee buff dispels the castle in the air curse, so release karma or whatever works. Piling on a bunch of ward dispels sweltering haze curse, somewhere over 100, magma shields do it for sure. Healing up to full life dispels monstrous image, so sleep potions, drug inhibitor, whatever.

Deck Example:
Spoiler:

Last edited by lessigfan on May 6th 2011, 10:30 am; edited 5 times in total

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Scorching Sands (l. 44 Triland) 41152

Back to top Go down

Scorching Sands (l. 44 Triland) Empty Re: Scorching Sands (l. 44 Triland)

Post by ogopogo April 26th 2011, 11:47 pm

First fight: exactly what you said. I would just add that with my lvl 50 summoner i do it with summons, but i´m really over the level, it might be too slow to get him with that.
With my inquisitor, though, curse of flesh is all you need.

Second fight: Delayed auras FTW. It's important to note that it won't be enough with your typical pvp delayed aura shortdeck - with two opponents, you'll exhaust before doing enough damage. Charms that are usually overlooked are very useful here - icecaller and silent prayer, for example.

Third fight: This is a weird fight that's more like a riddle - Your opponent puts out a couple of auras then stuns itself for the rest of the fight, and you need to meet some requirements to dispel those aura one by one. Kind of guessing (mostly i made decks mixing a lot of stuff then checked back on what seemed to work) a couple of stuff i think you need to do is destroy the opponent's armor and ward, get a certain amount of armor/ward on self, get some +melee ongoing on self, get a certain amount of auras on yourself, and get yourself back to full health.

ogopogo
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 18
Headshot : Scorching Sands (l. 44 Triland) Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down