Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Guild Contest - Monster Factory

2 posters

Go down

New Guild Contest - Monster Factory Empty New Guild Contest - Monster Factory

Post by lessigfan January 22nd 2011, 2:29 pm

A new contest is about to begin.

This event will be divided into two parts:
- Guild effort: All participating guilds will have to create a monster using a wide variety of charms and abilities.
- Individual hunt: All the created monsters will be set loose on a new server open for the event. Players will be given a heap of randomly chosen strong charms, and will try to defeat as many monsters as possible.

Prizes will be given to the guild that created the strongest monster, as well as to players that slain the most monsters.

Everyone is welcome to participate, since guild sizes and players levels will not matter. The real challenge will be put on the guild strategies, and the player's adaptability!

--------------

This contest will be divided into two parts.
* The first will be a guild effort aimed at creating the fiercest monster
* The second will be an individual challenge: slaying the highest number of guild-made monsters.

Here is how everything will take place:

Phase One - Spawning Monsters -
  • On Sunday, January the 23rd, the contest server will be open to the guild masters of all the guilds eligible for this contest (see the list at the end of this post).
  • The GM will log on a blank character that has an initial budget of 1000 gold. That character will have access to a special shops that sells a wide variety of charms for varying prices in gold.
  • At this point, all GM will have one week to discuss with all their guild members and decide how to spend the monster budget.
  • Once the time is over, the contest server will close, and all the GM "characters" will be automatically turned into monsters using all the charms that were in the deck of the character.

Phase Two - The Monster Hunt

• A few moments later, the contest server will open again, and all active players will be transferred over with a blank charm collection.
  • Everyone will then receive a pack of card boosters containing random cards, a limited amount of AP, and will have to fight the monsters that have been created in the phase 1.
  • This phase will also last one week.

Winning
Once the phase two is over, winners for both phases will be decided:

• The guild that created the monster that was killed the fewest times will be declared victorious, and all its members will walk away with spoils.
  • The ten players that managed to kill the highest amount of monsters will also receive prizes.

Stay tuned, everything will start soon!

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : New Guild Contest - Monster Factory 41152

Back to top Go down

New Guild Contest - Monster Factory Empty Re: New Guild Contest - Monster Factory

Post by lessigfan January 22nd 2011, 2:34 pm

I think we should do this with both OOFM & OOBM. Tomorrow I'll get onto the server and post screenshots or text here so everyone can see the options and we can hammer out a strategy during the week.

Sounds fun!

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

New Guild Contest - Monster Factory Empty Re: New Guild Contest - Monster Factory

Post by Howie Feltersnatch January 22nd 2011, 3:48 pm

lessigfan wrote:
[*] The guild that created the monster that was killed the fewest times will be declared victorious, and all its members will walk away with spoils.
!

I think this is the key to us winning. There is no mention of winning percentage, just killed the fewest time. So if we can get a large percentage of our membership to attack other guilds monster while leaving ours alone, that goes a long way towards helping us win!

PS i'm in

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch January 22nd 2011, 3:56 pm

I think Lez said on IRC that names would be random, so I guess they won't allow you to know to what guild a monster belongs but they won't be "custom" either.
-----------------------

So we will also need to find out our monsters name and then try avoiding it. Make sure we keep a list of what charms we choose so we can be sure we are avoiding the right monster.

Also since the win loss rates are not being posted, we should keep an in guild tally of which monster have been defeated and how many times. Perhaps lessig could whip up a fancy spread sheet. What a Face

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch January 23rd 2011, 9:07 pm

A Bunny Ate Our Forum (2011-01-24 00:57:02 by Lezard)
We are currently facing a few technical issues. Until we are able to please the Bunny God, the forum will unfortunately remain unavailable. We will also have to postpone the start of the Monster Factory Contest for a little while.
This will have no impact on the game servers.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll make sure to post some updates as soon as the situation improves. You can also follow us on this twitter account to get quicker updates.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan January 26th 2011, 2:05 am

According to the twitter feed, looks like this should be a go on Friday the 28th.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down