Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fear of the Dark L.28 Gaea's Dawn

+3
Obadiah
ogopogo
Tabernacle
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fear of the Dark L.28 Gaea's Dawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Fear of the Dark L.28 Gaea's Dawn

Post by Howie Feltersnatch February 23rd 2012, 6:16 pm

Use almost all the summon extenders that you have. Don't worry about adding your own CPB, you will get that from the summons placed on you.

Drop:
Release Karma x3
Hyphused Swinger x5
Hyphused Slasher x4
Hyphused Crusher x5
Hyphused Piercer x5
Blood Pact x5

and maybe even some of the others and add in dual (melee + magic) damage charms

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Fear of the Dark L.28 Gaea's Dawn - Page 2 Empty Re: Fear of the Dark L.28 Gaea's Dawn

Post by Obadiah February 27th 2012, 10:38 am

Thanks Howie, I was able to clear it finally, but it's no where close to 100%. Guess I'll just have to just blow some AP for it. Oh well. This is the setup I used to clear it. If there is any more tweaking you think I can do, please don't hesitate.
Spoiler:

Obadiah
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 126
High Path or Class : Champion
Headshot : Fear of the Dark L.28 Gaea's Dawn - Page 2 Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch February 27th 2012, 10:46 am

Get rid of slash and thrust and demoncrusher and add a summon extender if you have one, if not add another earth rune. Without purifying larva, is there any reason to have ardent abominations in there?

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Obadiah February 29th 2012, 8:39 am

I didn't know if I had to play both or if you could get it by just playing the ardent. It was more of a test than anything. It does seem I have to have both, so it will be taken out. Thanks for the help.

Obadiah
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 126
High Path or Class : Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe March 31st 2012, 8:50 am

I've finally managed to clear this dungeon, during my early attempts I got completely stuck on fight 2. I'll be posting my decks here for reference.

Not much to say about fight 1, debuff self and AoE/dual debuff the enemies.
Spoiler:

I'm using a somewhat different method for fight 2. Rather than using Thief's Serum and otherwise trying to abuse the number of banes I get put on me in a variety of manners, I went full summon. Trying to build up ongoing magic cpb and huge amounts of +next melee can work, but it's extremely inconsistent. Summons seem far more consistent. Berserker Pixie is essential if you want to do it like this, but other than that it's mix-and-match. I've got Bel'Hathal and Hathnuz Unbound, but I don't think they're strictly necessary. I can probably go a little heavier on the offense. Having a few summon charms that also deal direct damage is recommended.
Spoiler:

For fight 3 I went with spirit, armor, cleanse and some AoE banes. As was mentioned before. I don't think there's much room for variation in this fight.
Spoiler:

For fight 4 it's summon extenders and double/triple hits. I'm sorely tempted to try a Blood Pact deck at some point, though.
Spoiler:

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 124
High Path or Class : Pyromaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch July 31st 2013, 2:22 pm

If you have Bel'Hathal it makes Fight 2 pretty easy.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum