Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which charms would you stop for

3 posters

Go down

Which charms would you stop for Empty Which charms would you stop for

Post by Howie Feltersnatch September 27th 2010, 11:54 am

I was trying something different, and was going to work on leveling some toons fairly quickly. Most of the points are going to be from gathering working and some pvp up to level 40. My reasoning is that how many of the charms below level 40 do you really use that much, as long as you hit the health/spirit skill on the way up you shouldn't be that far behind.

My question was, which lower level charms would you be sure that you got as you were leveling that you used at level 40+

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Which charms would you stop for Empty Re: Which charms would you stop for

Post by Tabernacle September 27th 2010, 1:38 pm

Night cloak, rapier, honor thrust, mach fist, hyphused gear, lawful will, strike, ice scabbard, flame scabbard, prismatic charge, vita banishment combo charms, dynamite, feet bind, voodoo head, dusk cape, summons and banes, vicious stab, ward projection (and other projection charms).

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Which charms would you stop for Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch September 27th 2010, 2:23 pm

Extra attacks are always nice, more so if you are going for melee: Night cloak, rapier, honor thrust, mach fist
Probably needed for most CPB melee dungeons: hyphused gear
I really don't use this one much: lawful will
Charm Alch R2, but could probably get away with only one of either either flame or ice; strike, ice scabbard, flame scabbard
Can see all of these: prismatic charge, vita banishment combo charms, vicious stab, dynamite, feet bind, voodoo head, dusk cape,
Any particular >35 ish summons or banes you find useful?; summons and banes
You can get projection from the showcase

Howie Feltersnatch

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan September 27th 2010, 4:51 pm

Ditto what Xyel said, and lawful will is indispensable if you're going to have a decent amount of auras. For generally useful EAs, I'd add luminous idea, icy wind, blood aegis, & blue dragon bone. For summons, I'd just want enough to level the summon skill. Most of the sub-40 level summons are crummy (I'd want empathy & maybe hound). I don't use any sub-level 40 banes that haven't been mentioned, but you'll want enough debuffs to level sap skill - though the crafted debuffs from Narkels would do it.

In specific situations, my inq uses seduction, soul cry, megaton axe (self stun can be handy). In other specific situations, you'll probably want some of the AoE charms for vita banishment, some conditional focuses, sleep potions, drug inhibitor & forbidden vitamin, some shakine/embrace charms, some of the demon crafts from cyneth. But I don't think those are generally useful charms past 40.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Which charms would you stop for 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down