Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 3 classes

+6
The Muffin
Telamon
Tabernacle
Xyel
lessigfan
Howie Feltersnatch
10 posters

Go down

Top 3 classes Empty Top 3 classes

Post by Howie Feltersnatch September 6th 2010, 4:04 pm

Out of curiosity, what are people opinions about which 3 are the most effective classes.

1. Champion - simply because of Kiai
2a/2b. Deathnight/Inquisitor - Spirit attacks are simply brutal and effective at most levels.
3. Berserker - The extra double hit and high attack charms are nice.

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Top 3 classes Empty Re: Top 3 classes

Post by lessigfan September 6th 2010, 4:31 pm

Inquisitor - they have so much variety: banes, spirit, and they can do decent CPB and summoning. The pow/dex/con stats are ideal IMO. Inq spirit charms > DK spirit charms.

Wardens - maybe not the most effective, but really a lot of fun. They get purge, ice spikes & good magic CPB, nice proj & cumul ward, nice melee debuffs, plus the stats are good for spears & battle dance. Just the magic version of a warlord.

Berserker - I'm not sure about this one, I haven't experienced all the classes. Berserker does make melee really easy, for the reasons you stated, especially if you were a merc at T2.

I've been really bored with my pyro, dk, assassin, and paladin. I'd really like to do a summoner next, they look fun. Tabby shared his thoughts, and they were really good:

Tabernacle wrote:My Pally is in OOBM, I also have a deathknight, pyromaniac, summoner and future inquisitor and champion. Estiah is a slow game, at least in the beginning. So you might want to start up 2 characters at a time and do them in waves. The first two are for learning. You won't do great with them at low levels, but by the time you learn the ropes, you can easily get them to be pretty good. The next 2 characters can take what you learned on your first run and apply that to lower levels.

Also, classes that are cool (IMO):
Inquisitor (spirit and banes)
Champion (extra actions)
Summoner (summons, duh)
Hierarch (Auras, not good until high 40's though)
Warden (Purge!)
Slayer (purge, but lightning is hardmode in Estiah)
Berserker (Melee easy mode)
Warlord (Melee CPB kings, also good in groups)

Classes that kind of suck:
Paladins (maces suck, class charms suck)
Deathknights (jack of all trades kinda but not great at anything, class charms aren't very good)
Assassins (class charms get dated really fast and aren't good outside of guild matches)
Pyromaniacs (boring and start to fail past level 42)

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Top 3 classes 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel September 6th 2010, 6:44 pm

omg, this topic made me remember I forgot to switch 3rd class on Metsu and hes 41 already :X I guess we can use some other mercenary for the spirit 1s tank (or dont use a tank) and Metsu can go melee should it be needed.

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 269
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot : Top 3 classes Xyel

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch September 9th 2010, 1:17 pm

lessigfan wrote:. Inq spirit charms > DK spirit charms.

I think the Deathnights drain class charms (huge when used with blood pact) and despair give them the edge of inq. I'm actually not sure that Inq spirit charms are any better, depending on if your doing 1v1 or 4v4.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle September 9th 2010, 2:00 pm

Inquisitors have a spirit bane, that is huge. Combine that with gloom knell, colitihion skull, (pandas in groups), vicious circle and bane extenders for serious killing.
Life siphon is pretty good, but corrupted fireblade is way better. Despair is only good in PVE. Everything else in the DK arsenal is useless.

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Top 3 classes Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan September 9th 2010, 2:03 pm

Howie Feltersnatch wrote:
lessigfan wrote:. Inq spirit charms > DK spirit charms.

I think the Deathnights drain class charms (huge when used with blood pact) and despair give them the edge of inq. I'm actually not sure that Inq spirit charms are any better, depending on if your doing 1v1 or 4v4.
Life siphon is good, but the other DK drain charms are useless because they're split magic/melee or melee/spirit. Fireblade is better, as Tab said, but DKs can use both siphon & fireblade, so I think DKs do have the edge in melee over Inq. However, I'd take Searing Mind and Face Melt before Soul Feast or Mind Cry, even if it meant losing siphon, and all the Inq magic banes offer a nice option the DKs never get.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Telamon September 10th 2010, 12:45 am

Pyros are boring as shit, and kinda dead post 47. Mine's been idle for ages.

Assassins have a weak start in T3, since Twinblades are beat as fuck until you get higher (Kiss of Lesath, Ivory Needles, Daggers of Suspicion, Violettes Roses), when they become sweet. Flash Bomb, Assassinate, Finishing Move all have homes in my GvG/3v3 decks, as well as all of the other charms above (don't have IN yet Sad). I don't know who thinks they date fast, because I find them to be extremely useful, even at 50. Once your stats broaden out and you can use more charms (fists (WDC WDC WDC), more lightning (Void Bolt and Storm are awesome), some lower Maces) they become absolutely brutal killers. Most people, though, try some futile I'LL RELY ON TWINBLADES, which is epic fail.

Just checked. My Assassin is the second highest rated Assassin in the game ^.^

DKs- mediocre, mediocre, mediocre. Their only saving grace is they're Dex/power, which is important as hell for high level group melee. If you ain't runnin' SIN and CStrike, you ain't winnin'. Only charm I still use (when I play him, which isn't often at all) is Soul Feast. Despair is only good in a Blightwood Gimmick Deck, and that's a dead end at 50. And will NEVER work for groups, unless and until Cleanse gets nerfed.

Champions- great in a melee group, probably one of the best melee support classes. It's kind of a toss up for me who's better to have-- an Assassin, to keep bitchslapping the lowest, or a Champion.

Summoners- look fun, but there's problems with them. Antisummon strategy's at 50 aren't too hard to pull, so that doesn't win much, even if you can get 3 summoners together to rock the casbah. Earth is dead as can be once SoC starts up. Mind you, I'm still making Telamon one.

Berserkers- Furious Revenge is an awesome, awesome charm. So awesome. That alone makes Zerks hilarious. Best Fights Ever: Baneinq v Furiouzerk.

Inquisitor- very good and versatile. Darkness Falls, Black Agony, Searing Mind, Face Melt, are all very important charms. Can rock a melee or magic CPB too. Curse of Flesh is a great charm v. Furiouzerk, but it's hit or miss in Coliseums. I still run it, just because it can dump out ridonkulous damage if you hit a CPBer.

Just checked ^.^ My Inq is the 9th highest rated Inq in the game Smile

Paladins- the biggest failures. Maces have crap, stun is worthless, and they overall need just a massive change in order to be even vaguely competitive.

Warlords- CPB king, and great for support-- they get Commanders Glory quick, etc.

My top three would be:

Inquisitor
Assassin
Summoner for Fun (Summons are almost as fun as banes Smile) and Warlords for competitiveness.

Telamon
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 45
Headshot : Top 3 classes 70409

Back to top Go down

Post by The Muffin September 10th 2010, 8:34 pm

Hi guys, I was thinkin of aiming towards Inqusitor cause everyone says they are pretty good and versatile.

Question tho, can you still get attribute points once you have hit max char growth? And how do you do that, like potions or something? I was under the impression that given enough time you can raise your attributes high enough to use any charm you might want, so the only real diff between classes at the highest levels was their class only charms, is this accurate?

The Muffin
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 74
High Path or Class : Warrior
Headshot : Top 3 classes The_muffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel September 10th 2010, 8:51 pm

you get attribute points from skills + job primarily. There is a way to get unlimited amount of stats - elixirs - but thats 1/day so it takes a looong time to get to the point where you can use everything...

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Telamon September 11th 2010, 4:26 am

The Muffin wrote:Hi guys, I was thinkin of aiming towards Inqusitor cause everyone says they are pretty good and versatile.

Question tho, can you still get attribute points once you have hit max char growth? And how do you do that, like potions or something? I was under the impression that given enough time you can raise your attributes high enough to use any charm you might want, so the only real diff between classes at the highest levels was their class only charms, is this accurate?

Yup. Character Growth, or 'Natural Growth' as some call it, only ticks up from Working (the stat gains you get from the job itself, not the stat gains from mastering a skill associated with a job) and Food. Elixirs (level 40+ consumable item, +1 'special' stat gain) and skills don't count towards your natural growth.

Telamon is level 26 with only character growth (32/900), which has almost entirely been last minute stat fixing, either to class up or for a quick jolt of stats so I can run specific charms.

Telamon
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe September 15th 2010, 8:10 pm

I guess I thought the Pyromaniac would be good as a higher level. So I will go read up on all
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Number of posts : 1700
Headshot : Top 3 classes Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch September 15th 2010, 9:46 pm

I just got Furious Revenge on my Bezerker. That could be lethal paired up with blood pact + Blood Rage.

You could easily get + 58 ongoing per turn (8 * 5 blood pact + 10 from blood pact + 8 from 1 blood rage). Of course that is very dependent on when the furious revenge gets played.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Iavra September 16th 2010, 8:56 am

There is also Bloodbane Wink
Iavra
Iavra
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 21
High Path or Class : Warlord
Estiah: Iavra

Headshot : Top 3 classes 66806

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch September 23rd 2010, 10:09 pm

out of curiosity, which stat would you make the dump stat for champions and why? What about inquisitors?

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle September 24th 2010, 12:41 am

Con dump for both

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
Headshot : Top 3 classes Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel September 24th 2010, 4:45 am

For inqs con dump looks nice, but you eventually would really like to have 305 con to play Blood Aegises and you dont rly have much to gain from int since storm of alcyone got nerfed...

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Telamon September 24th 2010, 4:54 am

Xyel wrote:For inqs con dump looks nice, but you eventually would really like to have 305 con to play Blood Aegises and you dont rly have much to gain from int since storm of alcyone got nerfed...

You'll also want to run

Restore Faith
* Restore ally: 15%
(Target ally with lowest HP)
* Heal 36 damage
Requirements
* Level 42
* 347 Int
* 347 Con
* Holy (R4)

at level 50 in order to do the Kysin Keep Arch Adv 2 line. Poisoners Pride is fuckin' win for an Inq (gained from Kysin Keep).

Keep that in mind. I had an extreme con dump on Misericordia up till Kysin Keep was introduced. Took me close to a month to get my con up to 347. Was 254 when it was released.

Telamon
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by massarai October 11th 2010, 1:21 pm

Telamon wrote:Pyros are boring as shit, and kinda dead post 47. Mine's been idle for ages.

Assassins have a weak start in T3, since Twinblades are beat as fuck until you get higher (Kiss of Lesath, Ivory Needles, Daggers of Suspicion, Violettes Roses), when they become sweet. Flash Bomb, Assassinate, Finishing Move all have homes in my GvG/3v3 decks, as well as all of the other charms above (don't have IN yet Sad). I don't know who thinks they date fast, because I find them to be extremely useful, even at 50. Once your stats broaden out and you can use more charms (fists (WDC WDC WDC), more lightning (Void Bolt and Storm are awesome), some lower Maces) they become absolutely brutal killers. Most people, though, try some futile I'LL RELY ON TWINBLADES, which is epic fail.

Just checked. My Assassin is the second highest rated Assassin in the game ^.^

DKs- mediocre, mediocre, mediocre. Their only saving grace is they're Dex/power, which is important as hell for high level group melee. If you ain't runnin' SIN and CStrike, you ain't winnin'. Only charm I still use (when I play him, which isn't often at all) is Soul Feast. Despair is only good in a Blightwood Gimmick Deck, and that's a dead end at 50. And will NEVER work for groups, unless and until Cleanse gets nerfed.

Champions- great in a melee group, probably one of the best melee support classes. It's kind of a toss up for me who's better to have-- an Assassin, to keep bitchslapping the lowest, or a Champion.

Summoners- look fun, but there's problems with them. Antisummon strategy's at 50 aren't too hard to pull, so that doesn't win much, even if you can get 3 summoners together to rock the casbah. Earth is dead as can be once SoC starts up. Mind you, I'm still making Telamon one.

Berserkers- Furious Revenge is an awesome, awesome charm. So awesome. That alone makes Zerks hilarious. Best Fights Ever: Baneinq v Furiouzerk.

Inquisitor- very good and versatile. Darkness Falls, Black Agony, Searing Mind, Face Melt, are all very important charms. Can rock a melee or magic CPB too. Curse of Flesh is a great charm v. Furiouzerk, but it's hit or miss in Coliseums. I still run it, just because it can dump out ridonkulous damage if you hit a CPBer.

Just checked ^.^ My Inq is the 9th highest rated Inq in the game Smile

Paladins- the biggest failures. Maces have crap, stun is worthless, and they overall need just a massive change in order to be even vaguely competitive.

Warlords- CPB king, and great for support-- they get Commanders Glory quick, etc.

My top three would be:

Inquisitor
Assassin
Summoner for Fun (Summons are almost as fun as banes Smile) and Warlords for competitiveness.

ooh sh*t,

I just got a invite from you buch, and have a pally.... Mad

As in WoW I played serveral chars, and I also played a prot Pally.
This Retribution thing, like a damage dealing pally, is what i am asked to do now in your guild.

This will be a nice challenge!! Laughing ,

...but...i will try !!

massarai
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 14
Headshot : Top 3 classes 52920

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan October 23rd 2010, 3:50 pm

According to Sheira's PvP analysis, the top 3 classes are Inqs, Berserkers, and Warlords (with deathknights, wardens, and pyros close behind). The worst three top level classes are assassin, hierarch, and paladin (with slayers close behind). That makes summoners & champions middle of the road. Here are the average level 40+ PvP ratings by class:

adventurer 1805.0833
assassin 2495.3312
berserker 2905.3706
champion 2637.0427
cleric 1945.4500
deathknight 2807.6400
fighter 1709.5000
guard 2171.3125
hierarch 2490.7273
inquisitor 3298.0397
mercenary 1902.0476
monk 1869.8182
novice 1664.3333
paladin 2377.2151
pyromaniac 2790.1143
recruit 1784.4000
rogue 2087.2800
sage 2039.6800
scout 1696.6667
shaman 2180.7778
slayer 2392.8716
summoner 2526.6124
warden 2713.1750
warlord 2875.7405
wizard 2180.5517

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowmirror October 24th 2010, 12:42 am

Well,I have heard of the bad situation of assassin before I enter the game and I still choose it as my first character's class,because I nearly choose assassin or thief type class in every game.

Though I haven't began with PVP things,and have many things undone.

I have to say,Telamon's word inspires me with great confidence.

shadowmirror
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 41
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : Top 3 classes 46012

Back to top Go down

Post by Telamon October 26th 2010, 10:34 am

shadowmirror wrote:Well,I have heard of the bad situation of assassin before I enter the game and I still choose it as my first character's class,because I nearly choose assassin or thief type class in every game.

Though I haven't began with PVP things,and have many things undone.

I have to say,Telamon's word inspires me with great confidence.

Yeah, you have to do a bit more thinking than some of the other melee classes (Zerk and Warlord- Zerk is just stack up self-banes and use CPB, Warlord is just stack up auras and CPB and NIFLUNGAAARRRRR), but aren't as completely pure-and-total-crap like DKs or Paladins. As I mentioned, it's easily my favorite melee class that I play, one of the few characters I've never idled out. You can have to remember not to hyper-specialize until later on -- you want to be able to run a decent number of fists, swords, etc.

For magic they're also fun, because most are going to dump con, so you get access to a decent number of doublehits, since it's (not EASY, but not HARD) possible to get Ice running at a decent level, too. Mind you, I still need to get the mats to make alot of the magic charms I want to use.

And, after having had Ivory Needles for awhile: they rock. So, so hard. Against auracpb groups that abuse God's Promise, Ivory Needles are absolutely, wonderfully bad-ass.

Oh, and another fun thing they can do: techbane.

Right Ear of Menithos wrote:

* +1 to the duration of target's banes
* Aura: 29 Armor (cumul) and 29 Ward (cumul) each time you play a tech rune during 7 turns

Rockin' out like a pimp at l46 with Rogue Tech Banes + Flash Bomb, generating ridonkulous armor/ward, is just sexy. I had a ball with that at level. I might try to hack together an interesting tech-deck sometime, because that was pretty fun.

Especially because of the "Haha, I'm using a charm I got ten levels ago and I'm still beating the snot out of you" makes it even more fun Smile

Telamon
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down