Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37)

+4
Howie Feltersnatch
Tabernacle
Xyel
lessigfan
8 posters

Go down

The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37) Empty The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37)

Post by lessigfan August 7th 2010, 2:23 am

This is an easy dungeon if you've got some spirit, decent melee/magic CPB, and decent focus charms.

Fight 1: Disguised killer. He has a lot of health, does a lot of melee damage, has some kind of ongoing buff, and has reasonably high pierce. But it is easy to spirit tank him - a little spirit, a little armor, easy easy.

Fight 2: Vengeful Killer & Furniture. The furniture cleanses, the killer protects. CPB melee does the trick fairly easily - the killer only has 900 health, so you just want to kill him fast. The killer uses will, and consumes the will for melee buffs, so including voodoo heads may help. Every once in a while he will "throw furniture" and destroy one of his allies, making you lose life equal to the health of the destroyed ally. Adding lots of AoE damage might be another way of doing this, I didn't find it necessary.

Fight 3: Fleeing Fugitive. He protects for 8 rounds at the start, and you don't want to harm his allies or else your ally will make you lose 325 life. I just loaded up a deck with CPB and all the focus charms I had - 20 cpb charms, 30 focus charms - both melee & magic. He only has 475 life, so the renegade charms, gemmed charms, and a few others did the trick for me. You can probably do this with a decent deck and lots of tech focus runes - like level attraction. On round 148, he will use a charm "incite terror" which makes you lose automatically, so be quick.

Most of the drops are garbage, but there is one pretty nice drop on Fight 3:
Empathy: 1 extra action, +1 to your summons, +2 to your banes.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37) 41152

Back to top Go down

The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37) Empty Re: The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37)

Post by Xyel August 26th 2010, 10:42 am

The seduction charm looks awesome, where do you can get?

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 269
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot : The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37) Xyel

Back to top Go down

The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37) Empty Re: The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37)

Post by lessigfan August 26th 2010, 2:21 pm

Xyel wrote:The seduction charm looks awesome, where do you can get?
Just as you suspected (by posting here), that's a drop in the second & third fight of "The Darkened Streets." It is definitely worth getting.

Some of the dungeon drops are tricky though. Each fight drops one of the following: Villainous Fervor, Murderous Rage, and Vengeful Aggression. If you get all three, you get the accomplishment: Down a Darker Path. Using all three triggers a combo - Killer Instincts - which seems to only do something in the "Cornered" dungeon.

These three also can craft together to make Lethal Resolution, a weak l. 43 bane/focus. Incidentally, Lethal Resolution can be crafted with Suppress Remorse (l. 38 charm from Cornered dungeon you get with "Killer Instincts" combo) and Echoing Sorrow (vita drop from Dark Tide or Prelex Murder) to create Wisdom of the Repentant - a level 48 heal charm for tanks.

I haven't gotten any Vengeful Aggressions, and I'm not sure what I did to get the other two. Anyone know what triggers these drops?

Last edited by lessigfan on August 26th 2010, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : seduction drops in 3rd fight too)

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37) 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle August 26th 2010, 6:39 pm

Obtainable achievement: "Down a Darker Path" (10pts) Find the three hidden charms in the dungeon "The Darkened Streets"
Anyone know how to get the hidden charms in this dungeon?

Edit: hah, guess I should read the previous posts before adding my own Embarassed

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37) Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch August 26th 2010, 9:34 pm

Fight 1: Disguised Killer

At 2100 HP but 40 spirit, the strat is obvious: Land some spirit damage and he's outta there. He also leaves if the dying man spirits out.

To get the secret charm, the dying man must stay alive. He dies after about 13 turns, or if he's hit twice, so bring the big spirit hits.

Fight 2: Vengeful Killer

If you can, bring AoE to this fight. Those pieces of furniture are going to get thrown at you, and they hurt if they aren't smashed up a bit. Hit him with your big shots (but be careful with CPB, as he'll debuff you for twice your ongoing sometimes), and use melee debuffs to dull his blades until his defeat.

To get the secret charm here, break the furniture.

Fight 3: Fleeing Fugitive

Focus-spam, preferably melee, is the ticket here. If you hit a citizen the guard decides to kill you instead. If you can keep his armor down to evade debuffing and keep poking him with focus and EA prods, his low HP folds quickly.

To get the charm here, don't trigger the combo that damages you. Use the above strat or a mass OHKO with magic boosting.

Once you have all three of these charms, you'll get the achievement for this dungeon.

Fight 4: Cornered

Yes, the game lists them as two different dungeons, but same plot so whatever.

First off, the achievement is best gotten by grabbing a Warlord or Zerker buddy to pound the stuffing outta him. At 38, your best bet is to try a 2 spirit/1 tank party. Make very sure that your tank can live and keep protect up, because if the boss sees one of your allies using spirit he gets an extra +24 ongoing. Obviously, the tank should refrain from using Spirit himself (Read: Avoid Skull Shield).

If you bring all the special charms from A Darkened Street, you can cause a combo that instantly does 100 spirit and prevents his defenses and healing from working, making the fight a lot easier. Everyone will also get Suppress Remorse.

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Telamon September 2nd 2010, 3:07 am

You can also be Pro on Fight Three and one-shot all the civilians Very Happy If they can't cry out the Guard doesn't know . . .

Hey. My alt Alastair's a fuckin' Assassin. What'd you EXPECT him to do? ^.^

For that: run as much +next as you can, ongoing, and Target Lowest HP charms. Finishing Move is sex there.

Much riskier than just oneshotting the fleeing guy, but MUCH more fun.

Telamon
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 45
Headshot : The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37) 70409

Back to top Go down

Post by Obadiah October 17th 2011, 8:00 am

What is the trick to discovering Peaceful Cottage so you can craft the Wisdom of the Repentant?

Obadiah
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 126
High Path or Class : Champion
Headshot : The Darkened Streets - Aleas (level 37) Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch October 17th 2011, 9:48 am

Not sure what you mean about the cottage? You get the secret drops from the 3 fights(Murderous Rage, Vengeful Aggression, Villainous Fervor) to craft lethal resolution and then use that as one of the items to craft Wisdom of the Repentant

Howie Feltersnatch

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by ogopogo October 17th 2011, 2:23 pm

I'm not 100% sure, it's been a long time since i've done this:
ocasionally, you'll get a drop from this dungeon (old portrait or something like that?). With that in your inventory, gather once to find a secret event that is basically the same fight as cornered, but done by yourself without allies. Beat that fight and gather again to find the peaceful cottage.

ogopogo
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJackal October 17th 2011, 2:34 pm

ogopogo wrote:I'm not 100% sure, it's been a long time since i've done this:
ocasionally, you'll get a drop from this dungeon (old portrait or something like that?). With that in your inventory, gather once to find a secret event that is basically the same fight as cornered, but done by yourself without allies. Beat that fight and gather again to find the peaceful cottage.

Just tried it with BB and it worked no problem Smile
TheJackal
TheJackal
Major General
Major General

Herenvale Nickname : Wolfsbane
Number of posts : 1577
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : U.G.L.Y.

Back to top Go down

Post by Obadiah October 18th 2011, 7:39 am

Thanks Ogo and TJ.

Obadiah
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 126
High Path or Class : Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down