Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earning Gold

+2
Tabernacle
Howie Feltersnatch
6 posters

Go down

Earning Gold Empty Re: Earning Gold

Post by Howie Feltersnatch June 8th 2010, 12:48 am

I got through kings, gathered up my 5x kings insignia and purchased 1 reign of fire. Any suggestions on what is the best way to farm gold to get my other 4?

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle June 8th 2010, 2:28 am

The best way to farm gold in the mid 40's is to clear exploration sites. However, you can only do about 5 or so a day (though you can make about 2K per if you actually sell the goodies from the drops).

Usually, I just find a skill I need to farm and hit up some arena mobs for 700 or so gold a run. Rank 4 gathering can net 500-1K gold per 10 AP which is pretty decent as well.

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Earning Gold Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Post by Telamon June 8th 2010, 2:51 am

Tabernacle wrote:The best way to farm gold in the mid 40's is to clear exploration sites. However, you can only do about 5 or so a day (though you can make about 2K per if you actually sell the goodies from the drops).

Usually, I just find a skill I need to farm and hit up some arena mobs for 700 or so gold a run. Rank 4 gathering can net 500-1K gold per 10 AP which is pretty decent as well.

Two best ways I've found: hope for a market manipulation (I've noticed a few guys tend to do the Lumina art trade-- if you're one move away from Inachis, you can move to inachis, buy up the best priced art, then work over to Lumina. I've seen Art go up to 300%. Made a cool 200K profit on a run like that), which you need an initial start up capital to do (100K should be enough to fill up an inventory). Second best way is to do aLOT of Statues runs, which are doable by 44 usually.

I also like doing every Trial I can get my hands on, and making Elixirs whenever I can. Those can sell for a solid profit if you stop in at the right town (I've seen that Gaeas Dawn usually has good Alchemy rates) which can give you a solid chunk of change.

I oughta figure out the equation for market fuckery. There's a kinda specific amount of buying/selling you have to do to really jack the rates, but if you get 10~15 characters in the same spot you can usually do it.

Telamon
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 45
Headshot : Earning Gold 70409

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch June 8th 2010, 12:49 pm

i was thinking about it overnight and i think i'm going to go the arena route. Leongrins stats are still quite poor and could use a good working over, so i really kill 2 birds with one stone

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMan October 18th 2011, 10:10 pm

Any other ideas about getting gold now that it has been a while? What is the best way? I'm finding I'm low of cash now that I'm high level and making charms that cost 8K a pop from the dungeons.

SinMan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Number of posts : 406
High Path or Class : Warrior
Headshot : Earning Gold Sinman

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan October 18th 2011, 11:49 pm

Yeah I just grind top level arena creatures. 800 gold/12 APs isn't great, but I usually have too many items in my inventory I'm planning to craft to do much market manipulation.

Sometimes howie will do a run and let announce it ahead of time, so if I've got a few extra inventory slots I'll join in. He does a pretty amazing job with price levels.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Earning Gold 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch October 19th 2011, 12:45 pm

Let me know, i'm pretty open about when I just need notice so I can plan movements and empty inventory slots.

You buy food at 33%, sell at 300%. It will make around 100K depending on how many inventory slots you have open.

I currently have some guy running statues, I sold off 1 guys stuff and he was almost at 2 mil.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMan October 19th 2011, 10:11 pm

How does food get down to 33%?

SinMan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Number of posts : 406
High Path or Class : Warrior
Headshot : Earning Gold Sinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch October 20th 2011, 9:12 am

Market rates changed based on the "supply and demand". So if there are lots of that item sold, rates go down, if lots purchase rates go up. I just take that to extremes.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by ogopogo October 22nd 2011, 2:56 pm

Whenever i'm hurting for gold i mostly go for either doing statues, Crimson Kata Mines (if you have good decks for this, 60 ap for a cleansed vita cristal is worth it), or 5-star exploration sites.
Also, even if you aren't manipulating the market it is worth a look for the times you get to ride on someone else creating a spike.

ogopogo
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 18
Headshot : Earning Gold Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch October 22nd 2011, 9:45 pm

ogopogo wrote:
Also, even if you aren't manipulating the market it is worth a look for the times you get to ride on someone else creating a spike.

Along those lines, get the marker rate add on (GM script) and check that before every move. It might not be much, but 10k for a few clicks adds up if you do that whenever you move cities.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down