Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Conscience- l46, Skyrift.

4 posters

Go down

Call of Conscience- l46, Skyrift. Empty Call of Conscience- l46, Skyrift.

Post by Telamon June 6th 2010, 1:45 pm

Most of these are spoiler ridden-- no flat out decks to use (although if anyone needs one,ask) but they definitely explain what's happening and how to counter it.

Fight One: you and Shimmering Hope v Certain Defeat x2. The goal in this is to Keep Your Hope Alive. So I hope you can tank pretty well. And by that I mean Armor/Ward/Will-- the two Certain Defeats will hit you for all three damage, and you want to be able to last at least the 37 rounds that the Shimmering Hope is around for. Florians Utopia, Erythric Wind, Ukko's Indifference are all Very Very Handy in this fight-- I've had the hope die a round or two before it was set to explode. That's . . . frustrating.

Now, if you're a decent tank . . . Hey, you gotten Defender R3 yet? If not, I'd suggest doing so now.

Fight two: you and the Avatar of Virtue v Corrupted Summoner. There's a few different ways to do this-- mainly open to one class. The one option is Summons-- so, if you're a summoner, go balls out, and you should be good. For everyone else? Remember Water of Life drop Severing Slicers? Remember the Burdens craft charm Black Death? Ever wonder why Word of Solitude is sold in Eversweep craft shops? Make those charms. If the Summoners' summons go away, and he hits one of his turns, he takes life loss from this fact. Don't have any of them? Well. Fight one of Call of Conscience drops Banishments. Maybe one a week. If you're lucky.

I have full sets of Fateful End and Firebrands on several guys. No one has a full set of Banishments.

Banes and bane extenders are the best way to do this fight-- the Avatar uses a decent bane on the enemies, so you can just extend that. The best bet is to get 5 Word of Solitudes and 5 of one of the other charms. It's DOABLE with just WOS. Just . . . not 100%. Black Deaths, in the bane set up, are pretty much The best charm-- -1 summon turn based off of existing banes on target? Smile

Fight 3: you v. Destiny's Titan and Beguiling Wraith

Beguiling Wraith casts immunities on himself and stuns for several turns, while Destiny's Titan steals your buffs and uses them to both hurt you and himself. Fury of the Seas is good here, because it both wards you and gives you CPB melee-- your goal is to tank the Wraith out, while building up CPB to be stolen and used to harm the Titan. Around 20 hyphused, or the equivalent in terms of CPB, plus Fury of the Seas and tanking should be enough to scrape by.

Fight 4: Looks scary, doesn't it? Good thing is: you only have to kill one of them. It's up to you to choose. Just keep in mind that ongoings get stolen here. So might not want to use'em.

To kill the Martyr, play Tech runes (he will then protect his buddies) and use magic, non-debuff banes, or summons. Easy enough.

To kill the Fallen, the Narkel's dungeon and shop charms are a must I think - all the debuff runes will make him the target (he cleanses, so banes aren't a great idea). Use the defense ones, Might Inversion (and other melee attacks), and the Silencing Blow. Summons also help.

To kill the Vagrant, you need destruction and Buff charms, he'll kill himself if his defenses are knocked down. Also, since he's last in the enemy group, you can play a charm that has buff and one of the other targeters (debuff or tech), and the Vagrant will end up being the target for your next attack. Again, non-debuff banes and summons are good, but not essential. The Jaw of Thallios charm (from the statues in Night Tear, Lies, I think) is excellent for this fight.

Enjoy.

Telamon
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 45
Headshot : Call of Conscience- l46, Skyrift. 70409

Back to top Go down

Call of Conscience- l46, Skyrift. Empty Re: Call of Conscience- l46, Skyrift.

Post by lessigfan October 6th 2010, 7:19 pm

Thanks for this! One or two observations. Fight one is dead easy - some armor & ward, plenty of will, gobs of protect.

Fight two is really hard unless you've got plenty of summon reducers. Pacify, the level 37 charm, should be available to anyone at this stage, but it hasn't been enough for me. So I'm stuck until I can get enough power to use black death or other summon reducer. Obviously if you have purge, it should be an insta-win, but I haven't tried with my warden yet. EDIT: I forgot we have Word of Solitude in the guild showcase. I picked up 5 of those, and this was easy easy.

As a note, it seems Call of Conscience drops Banishment, not Fight one of Water of Life. So you probably won't be able to farm it much until you can beat fight 2 reliably.

Fight three is easy too, just CPB melee and ward.

Fight four has been trouble for me. I've not had luck against martyr, fallen, or vagrant. I get debuffs focus on fallen, tech focuses on martyr, and buffs bump focus to the next person in the list. I haven't figured it out yet.

Last edited by lessigfan on October 7th 2010, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Call of Conscience- l46, Skyrift. 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle October 6th 2010, 10:39 pm

Purge doesn't get rid of summons so far as I know. You really need at least 10 summon reducing charms to clear this fight. Banishment, severing slicers, word of solitude, black death (the best for this fight) and pacify are about all that's available at that level. A few levels over and you can use demoncrusher and eater of souls (both from murder of prelex).

For fight 3, I've found that some self stuns are really helpful since it's sometimes hard to get the thing to kill itself fast enough.

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Call of Conscience- l46, Skyrift. Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan October 8th 2010, 7:56 pm

I finally figured out how to beat fight 4. The martyr hits you with any ongoing melee boosts, so you can't use them, and he is immune to melee. The fallen uses cleanse, and debuffs focus on him, so bane won't work against anyone unless you've got a lot of non-debuff banes. The fallen is also immune to magic. The vagrant hits you with any "next turn" boosts, so you can't use those either. Summons may work, but I didn't have success with 50 summons over level 40 and assorted armor/ward and summon extenders.

The only way I could figured to beat this fight was to beat the fallen. I used 25 debuffs and 30 of my highest damage melee charms without melee boosts of any kind: cpb, aura, or "next turn." No buff or tech charms. This made the fight quite easy.

Spoiler:

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan November 6th 2010, 12:05 am

Anyway to beat fight 2 without summons or banes? I haven't been able to work it with summon reducers and melee cpb or tanking.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle November 6th 2010, 12:58 am

Faen does it with auras and extenders. You do need summon reducers though. Severing slicers, word of solitude and pacify are pretty essential.

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Call of Conscience- l46, Skyrift. Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch December 16th 2010, 3:14 am

What I used for fight 1. It wasn't a sure fire winners, but got it done eventually

Gear 'Conscience F1' By Howiefeltersnatch: (59 charms)

Ukko's Indifference x3
Fury of the Elements x5
Salamath's Judgement x3
Nerman's Defender x5
Pyric Charge x5
Grand Shield x5
White Shield of Duty x1
Blacksand Shield x5
Magma Shield x5
Air Wall x5
Luminous Idea x4
Dusk Cape x3
Lightning Spike x2
Jade Earrings x3
Crown of Prestige x5

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down