Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bile, Bone, & Blood

2 posters

Go down

Bile, Bone, & Blood Empty Bile, Bone, & Blood

Post by lessigfan April 12th 2010, 12:10 am

I just beat this dungeon - first level 40+ non-trial dungeon - which is pretty exciting.

Fight 1 - Thrashing Manticore & two support beams

This one isn't too hard. You only have to kill the manticore. The support beams lose 20 health/round when they get below about 120 health (I'm not sure of the exact amount). If they destroy themselves, they'll do 700 damage to the manticore. Don't use extra actions, the banes will kill you. Also, use whatever cleanse charms you have to neutralize the manticore's damage.

EDIT: Tab's right, AoE damage & cleanse are really best here. The first time I beat it, I used lots of burst damage, and a few focus charms (since support beams never use armor/ward, the "target lowest ward/armor" focus charms might work well). If you don't have about 300 AoE damage, high damage & cleanse works just fine.

Fight 2 - Fetid Deadwight

This is one you have to outlast. The deadwight is a spirit turtle with 50 charms, so you'll need to pack lots & lots of will - I had about 100. Ongoing & cumulative will is particularly useful, and a few cleanse charms aren't bad. I only have 45 spirit, so I added a bunch of high spirit charms, particularly those that do lots of spirit or destroy lots of will, like voodoo heads, withering touch, power corruption etc. Dump extra actions, or else you'll wear out first.

Fight 3 - Blood Drake

Tricky. First, your partner is the only one who can really kill off the Blood Drake, but he will only do it when his life is above 525, and he starts at 150. He heals himself by doing magic damage to you and the blood drake, so it is important you don't use any ward and you destroy the drake's ward. When his life is above 525, he'll do 2000 damage to the drake, and 150 to himself, so he'll have to heal up again.

Destroy the drake's ward. Your magic charms will get weaker & weaker, so it is best if you've got break ward charms (e.g. fighter/wizard charms) or magic summons/debuffs (ghost drakes, hateful flames). You'll need to run lots of protect charms without ward - I had 10 (grand & golem shields). And last, you'll want to run lots of melee debuffs (feet bind, dusk capes), and magic debuffs (silencing blows, manavoid wave, curse of impotence). If you've got white sealing orbs, they may be worth doing as well.

~~~~~~~~~~

That's it. It isn't a tough dungeon if you've got lots of will for fight 2, and some nice destroy ward charms for the blood drake.

Last edited by lessigfan on April 13th 2010, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Bile, Bone, & Blood 41152

Back to top Go down

Bile, Bone, & Blood Empty Re: Bile, Bone, & Blood

Post by Tabernacle April 12th 2010, 1:55 am

Fight 1: I just use AOE attacks and cleans. The support beams don't use any armor or ward, so that gets around the possibility of targeting the wrong thing or accidentally killing one of the beams.

Fight 2: Yeah, willpower turtle is the way to go. Self stuns with willpower are nice and stuff like soul healing with willpower and cleanse is amazing. You need about 100 willpower to get through the fight and if he catches you with zero willpower he uses a charm that triggers your delayed banes without consuming them. That's really bad, as in -10 spirit bad.

Fight 3: White sealing orbs and banishing ice stones are great for this fight. The pvp gem craftable summon at level 40 (ghost drakeling i think) is really good for this fight. Ongoing debuffs are the way to go for this fight. Feet bind and magebane poison are the best non-class charms, but stuff like conductive ice and icy slasher are also really nice. You should plan on doing about 200-300 damage yourself to help braeden out as well, otherwise you could both run out of spirit before killing the thing.

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Bile, Bone, & Blood Tabernacle

Back to top Go down