Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatred (Aleas lvl 47)

5 posters

Go down

Hatred (Aleas lvl 47) Empty Hatred (Aleas lvl 47)

Post by Tabernacle June 22nd 2010, 6:03 pm

http://progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Hatred
This is a pretty cool dungeon. I just cleared it with Faen (lvl 46) for the first time today.

Fight 1: karl the swordmaster
Pain in the ass fight. Karl uses fencing which gives him constant melee buffs and you constant melee debuffs. He also has an aura that gives him 4 wp per turn so he's really hard to spirit and he uses frigid damsel which gives a big debuff to magic.
Magic seems to be the way to go against him though. CPB or burst, either seems to work alright. Just kill him fast because he has a double hit that starts doing 100+ damage in no time at all.

Fight 2: The Animator
The trick here is to kill the Animator without focusing him. This is complicated by the fact that the golem uses protect pretty much all the time and the animator plays a normalize charm quite often. I did it with maces + seal of the pure to keep myself alive while I whittled the animator down with vicious stabs, heart seekers and impacts. Once the animator goes down this fight is cake.

Fight 3: Shadowspawn
This time you get the golem to help you out. And he's a lot of help. By the end of the fight he'll be hitting for 500+ damage. However, you need to keep him alive. The shadowspawn buff themselves unless they're in focus. So use a shifting focus tactic to keep their damage manageable while your golem builds up his crazy dual damage. Level attraction, nature's claw, various attractions and repulsions help to keep the shadow spawn from getting too strong while your buddy buffs himself. AOE healing and armor/ward are a really good idea as well since you'll have a really hard time with this fight if the golem goes down.
I used a light CPB deck with the best AOE healing/defense I could do and a bunch of types of focus.

Fight 4: Shadowlord
This one's kind of nasty. You have your golem friend again, but this time he's mostly a hinderance instead of help. You need to keep focus on you so the shadowlord doesn't steal your golem friend's +300 to next and whack you with it. The best tactic here is to use a few (5-10) high damage banes and a few (10-#banes or so) high damage summons. Then you load up on cumulative armor/ward and protect and try to wait it out. The shadowlord extends your banes and summons but does 25 drain (magic for banes, melee for summons) per bane/summon. He also normalizes and purges your group, so don't rely on auras too much. 5xCrimson devil + 5xFirebrands is a really good setup for this. Death sentence, chaotic decay, faked mercy, petrification, chimera ghost, blood golem (for summoners) are good subs if you don't have the others. You need a lot of protect here too since the golem uses protect charms as well and you don't want him to have focus.

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Hatred (Aleas lvl 47) Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Hatred (Aleas lvl 47) Empty Re: Hatred (Aleas lvl 47)

Post by Telamon July 2nd 2010, 1:03 am

Another method for F1, if, like most of my alts, you can't run any real good Magic Shortdeck, is a long aura/summon/projection deck. Crystals of the Dawn, etc. That's the route I took with several of my guys.

Telamon
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 45
Headshot : Hatred (Aleas lvl 47) 70409

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan March 16th 2011, 12:18 am

Could someone share an example of a successful fight 3 deck. I can't even get close.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Hatred (Aleas lvl 47) 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle March 16th 2011, 1:16 pm

Kaervaak's (DK) Melee CPB deck
Spoiler:

Faen's (Pally) AOE defense deck:
Spoiler:

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Hatred (Aleas lvl 47) Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowmirror March 17th 2011, 4:05 am

Fight3 is not very hard,I just use a full set of Repulsion/Attraction,Nature's Claw,and then some normal focus and break focus charm(like poisonous fog,impact,Burst of Rage),song of chaos,I did not use any amage charms with out focus/break focus there.

shadowmirror
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 41
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : Hatred (Aleas lvl 47) 46012

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe April 5th 2011, 8:35 am

Even if you exhaust during Fight 3 the focus remains on the golem and it can win on its own. I thought I was going to lose for minute, imagine my surprise when my golem chugged on without me.

I used Banishing Ice and Flame Stones, also White and Black Sealing Orbs, the vitabans really helped keep down the magic damage. Other than that I shifted the focus around a bit and healed the golem. I suspect a mercenary could win the third fight entirely without focus. Just AoE debuff the hell out of the shadowspawn, could be something for the "You're doing it wrong"-thread on the official Estiah forum.

And despite one enemy being level 46 you can gain skill points at level 50. O.O

My deck:
Spoiler:

EDIT: I've modified my deck since then, the following gives 10 points in Leadership every time and the golem usually ends with full HP.
Spoiler:

Fight 4 is also a breeze compared to the first two, lots of armor, protect and ward, 5 life loss summons, 5 life loss banes, some healing.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 124
High Path or Class : Pyromaniac
Headshot : Hatred (Aleas lvl 47) Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down