Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HP Farming

+6
Belthazzar
lessigfan
Tabernacle
Nepenthe
Howie Feltersnatch
Xyel
10 posters

Go down

HP Farming Empty HP Farming

Post by Xyel January 29th 2010, 3:38 pm

There is a bunch of them and well, you need to get most of them to be competitive.

1. Armor, Ward, Sacrifice, Recklessness
These skills are easy to level up, just put relevant cards in
you deck, and gain skill points in your dungeon/pvp/arena fighting.

2. Survival and Cheat Death.
These are rather hard, you do them in arena, you need to be at most 3 levels higher than the mob, recommended mobs are:
Seasoned fighter Lv14, 195 melee (28% P)
Black Panther Lv22, 410 melee (232(20%), 50(20%) from 5 Extra Action charms, +128 damage from buffs)
Orc Warrior Lv29, 740 (5% P) Melee
Orc Shaman lv30, Magic: 776 (0% P), destroy 152 ward
The killing is best done by exhaustion - a lot easier math then accounting for their armor/ward charms. You wont get survival if you meet the cheat death conditions, even if you have cheat death maxed.
For level40 cheat death farming:
Flame Drake lvl37, Melee: destroy 350 Armor, 644 Melee, Magic: 742. 40spirit
This one is straightforward - you let him hit 100% with one element and completely block off the other one, the choice depends on your total HP. Can get a huge success rate easily.

Tabernacle wrote:Iron golem (arena level 16) does not use ward and
has 130 life. He's really easy to farm spirituality and cheat death
from. Just tune the number of magic charms you use to kill him with
until he's getting you down to 10% life before you kill him.

Prairie sprite lv4, 83 magic 17 spirit ...you can easily get over that much
health by level 7. Then just face it with its spirit + 1 armor charms 20
times and poof, cheat death. +5 HP and +1 spirit.

When that is done add Wooden Sword x5 to the deck and fight the Sprite again for survival points

3. Leadership, Charm Alchemist, Heroism and Defender.
You do these in dungeons. Leadership is easy as you need the focus anyway, defender is trickier. A very good place to do it is The Old Sylan Map quest in Inachis fight 1. Im using this loadout:
Air Wall x5
Blacksand Shield x5
Strike x5
and I get 8-9 defender and about 5 leadership per fight. Then there is the trial of leadership, but thats harder - I will update it here as soon as I get there because I was stupid enough to let my stats run unchecked and I will level up from the defender 1 making me too high lvl for the sylan map quest.
Charm alchemist is a bit tricky as you need to finish the combo. The first level can be done solo with the blessing of grimox. The best place to do lvl2 is the The Village of Cyneth quest where Djinn playes strikes, so you can play them as well. CA r3 is the best get at the Last Echo of Thunder, where you can join a public party to do so. Note that you need banes for the dungeon, either normal or delayed + blood drake curses.

4. Self Defense, Outlaw, Courage and Colliseum Master
These are PvP related. The best way to do the first 2 is to keep a bounty on your head all the time, putting it up by your alt (you may just not attack yourself with that alt then). Courage is trivial, just go out and beat up ppl 2+ levels above you. Colliseum master is done by getting to finals in colliseums, you wont be able to do that until you do most of the other skills.

5. Tablet Seeker quest
Pretty much free +25HP, EVERYONE should do it, see: https://duel.canadian-forum.com/estiah-f69/tablet-seeker-quest-t4081.htm

6. Exploring, Treasure hunter, extreme gatherings.
These suck, hard. Gathering is an infinite sink for points. Its a good idea to tip out some events in 2 close together cities, explore there some events and do them through moving in both of them at the same time. Extremes are just dumb action point spending, worth it but I am not hurrying with them...

7. Farming spirit
Spirituality - same thing as cheat death just without the HP requirement, so put in mobs charms + 1 charms and play a ton of ward/armor/sap - it levels well with these. Watch out for the mob using self spirit or self stun charms.
Iron will - best leveled in arena together with armor/ward/sap or anywhere you where you have an easy win match, super-annoying to get.

Last edited by Xyel on July 22nd 2010, 2:44 pm; edited 11 times in total

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 269
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot : HP Farming Xyel

Back to top Go down

HP Farming Empty Re: HP Farming

Post by Howie Feltersnatch January 29th 2010, 4:32 pm

Xyel wrote:
2. Survival and Cheat Death.
These are rather hard, you do them in arena, you need to be at most 3 levels higher than the mob, recommended mobs are:
Seasoned fighter Lv14, 195 melee (28% P)
Black Panther Lv22, 410 melee (232(20%), 50(20%) EA, 128)
Orc Warrior Lv29, 740 (5% P) Melee
Orc Shaman
Magic: 776 (0% P), destroy 152 ward

Great guide...thanks. and i appreciate your patients helping me learn the game and answering my questions!

ummmm, surprisingly I have a question though.

So survival is 10% HP left, Cheat death is 10% HP + 10% charms left

so for seasoned fighter, he does 195 melee damage?! with 28% penetration? so if we had 196 HP we would be good, other wise we need to figure out the difference, add armor and account for penetration?!?

And then we get their starting HP from the arena screen and caculate just enough damage. Do they use any armor/wards?

For Black Panther what does the part mean (232(20%), 50(20%) EA, 128)

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel January 29th 2010, 4:42 pm

I updated the first post for greater clarity.

Add armor, actually trying it out once or twice will serve better than theory making as the few action points are totally worth the time the rigorous approach would take.

I wouldnt recommend doing it by damage as they got armor, do it by exhaustion - just have 1 more charm than the mob has for cheat death and 3-4 more charms for survival.

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe April 7th 2010, 2:42 pm

What about Spirit?
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Number of posts : 1700
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : HP Farming Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch April 7th 2010, 2:47 pm

you don't get HP from spirituality.

if you asking how to get more spirit, install this gm script and it will show you what is available to you at your level that gives spirit points.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle April 7th 2010, 3:34 pm

For building spirit, the willpower skill is annoying to build but really worthwhile. Put some of the EA willpower charms in all your loadouts and you'll get 1 or 2 points of willpower in every fight without really affecting the outcome.

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
Headshot : HP Farming Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan April 7th 2010, 4:42 pm

Tabernacle wrote:For building spirit, the willpower skill is annoying to build but really worthwhile. Put some of the EA willpower charms in all your loadouts and you'll get 1 or 2 points of willpower in every fight without really affecting the outcome.
I put luminous ideas in nearly all my loadouts. There is no downside - they're great cumulative extra actions - so they don't weaken my loadouts and the skill comes naturally.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : HP Farming 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle April 7th 2010, 6:17 pm

Iron golem (arena level 16) does not use ward and has 130 life. He's really easy to farm spirituality and cheat death from. Just tune the number of magic charms you use to kill him with until he's getting you down to 10% life before you kill him. This isn't a foolproof strategy (those are all done at lower levels), but it works about 50% of the time if you get your charms set up just right.

For low levels, the prarie sprite is the best to get cheat death from. It does 82 (or 4) magic damage and you can easily get over that much health by level 7. Then just face it with its spirit + 1 armor charms 20 times and poof, cheat death. +5 HP and +1 spirit.

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Belthazzar April 10th 2010, 6:36 pm

also, youll get hp for "Charm Alchemist", for playing charm combos,

Best way to get R1 is to use Blessing of Grimmoir, youll get both requied charms from "The Game", every succesful combo gives 7 points.

btw... id appreciate some advice on "Cheat death" leveling and building deck for that 22 lvl guy. How do I pick armors so that ill end up with so low hp no matter in what orders its drawed and how much spirit he has so ill end up with 1 last charm too. thx
Belthazzar
Belthazzar
Major
Major

Number of posts : 711
Headshot : HP Farming Belthazzar

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel April 10th 2010, 6:43 pm

Its there under point 3. Made it more specific than it was now that I have more experience with it. Thx for the feedback.

About cheat death, whats your total health? Altho it prolly doesnt matter much as you are at a shitty level for doing cheat death/survival - the closest good mob in the arena is Orc warrior whos lvl29 (the ones at you level have +dmg ongoing, EAs, selfstuns.. etc which make the planning complicated and final result inconsistent). I would suggest you do the other skills for now and get back to it when you got reasonable level for the orc warrior.

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Belthazzar April 10th 2010, 7:18 pm

heh I totally missed it when I was checking it Razz

My hp is just 295 on 23, whats preety shitty
but ill do cheat death on the orc then ^^

Thx for tip Smile

EDIT: btw what about Discipline? Youll get that skill from jobs and gives small amount of hp too
Belthazzar
Belthazzar
Major
Major

Number of posts : 711
Headshot : HP Farming Belthazzar

Back to top Go down

Post by Telamon June 5th 2010, 1:49 am

Charm Alchemist R2 is great to farm on A Cry of the Earth, Last Echo of Thunder, Village of Cyneth, and Lantern Street (TH site in Inachis). I personally farmed it on most of my guys on Village of Cyneth and Lantern Street. If you hit it up at 35, with Strikes and whatever Scabbard of your choice that you can run, you can get THR4 points, and CAR2 points.

For Charm Alchemist R3, oh boy, that's fun. The most common method is Woeful's Whip in a 25charm Banedeck against Last Echo-- run 5 Woefuls, 20 of your best banes. It's pretty much No Chance of Losing.

If you have an Inq with you, you can tweak it even more-- I successfully ran 20charm groups against Wilrynn at level 42. This needs a bit more tweaking, in that you need to join with 3 guys using 5 Woefuls 15 Banes. The final guy joins with 5 Woefuls, 10 Banes, 5 Poison Igniters. You want the Igniter to join last so the first three people smack Wilrynn with Banes, then that guy can ignite them for the Boom.

Or you can all be 42 and drop 15 charm groups. This requires 5 Woefuls, 5 Blood Drake Curse (Blue drop, end of Blood Bile and Bone) and 5 of your best Delayed Banes- Dynamite, Vital Point if you have a Champion, etc. I'm PRETTY sure that that method works. I've never bothered farming up five BDCs on my guys, so I can't say how well it works, but it should-- I've seen 10ch BDC groups going Boom.

The fun about Charm Alchemist 3: not only does it have to be a level 40+ charm combo (so the only way Strike gets it is if someone is throwing Celestial Swords), you have to instigate it, as well. So you have to be the person who causes the combo to go, not the person who sets it up.

If you aren't up for Slow As Hell Levelling of that skill, you can always wait till l47 and do Murder of Prelex: Trailblazer (l47 charm), Strike, Abyss, Blade of Betrayal all combo in Prelex with Djin (and let's not talk about the combo-combos. Yes. The combo-combos. Like Bonded Blades and Unbreakable Oath. There's a reason Prelex is uniformly viewed as a Completely Nuckin' Futz dungeon).

Telamon
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 45
Headshot : HP Farming 70409

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel June 5th 2010, 5:53 am

So r3 alchemist is the same thing as r2 but you need 40+ combo. Gonna go get it the n xD

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJackal July 22nd 2010, 5:45 am

Edited - After the Prairie Sprite/Cheat Death at lvl 7 just add 5 Wooden swords to the deck ( or anything that does less than 35 damage ) and hit the Sprite again for Survival points
TheJackal
TheJackal
Major General
Major General

Herenvale Nickname : Wolfsbane
Number of posts : 1577
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : U.G.L.Y.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle July 22nd 2010, 2:26 pm

Charm alchemist rank 3 is best leveled in Last Echo of the Thunder in nighttear. The woeful's inquisition combo gives rank 3 CA. Joining the semipubs (25c woebane or 15c BDC) with 5 woeful's whips in your gear can get you 14 points per day towards CA 3.

You can also do it in the Murder of Prelex (Zeal) in any fight with Djinn. Use the 25K craftable charms (like blade of betrayal or abyss).

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Taline van Roth August 5th 2010, 4:36 am

Been trying to figure out how to gain more HP. I noticed whoever is Telamon they are a level 21 with HP of 361. I am utterly confused how you got that high of HP. I am one level lower with HP 235.

I can see where to get HP from skills but how do you get higher HP at such low levels? Thanks.

Taline van Roth
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Number of posts : 132
Headshot : HP Farming Taline_van_roth

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJackal August 5th 2010, 5:50 am

Taline van Roth wrote:Been trying to figure out how to gain more HP. I noticed whoever is Telamon they are a level 21 with HP of 361. I am utterly confused how you got that high of HP. I am one level lower with HP 235.

I can see where to get HP from skills but how do you get higher HP at such low levels? Thanks.

Extreme gathering I assume
TheJackal
TheJackal
Major General
Major General

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch August 5th 2010, 8:57 am

Taline van Roth wrote:I can see where to get HP from skills but how do you get higher HP at such low levels? Thanks.

To get to that point you don't work at all. All of your level points come from skills and you focus on getting all the skills that give you HP.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJackal August 5th 2010, 10:13 am

Howie Feltersnatch wrote:
Taline van Roth wrote:I can see where to get HP from skills but how do you get higher HP at such low levels? Thanks.

To get to that point you don't work at all. All of your level points come from skills and you focus on getting all the skills that give you HP.

I have 7 alts doing that, works but its frigging slow HP Farming Icon_sad
TheJackal
TheJackal
Major General
Major General

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan January 20th 2011, 11:58 pm

Any updates to this? The Kysin line provides a lot of HP, I wonder if anything else has opened up to high level players.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : HP Farming 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe February 7th 2011, 6:38 am

Is there a comprehensive list of exploration site dungeons sorted by number of stars anywhere? I've been putting off treasure hunter since I read that 1-star dungeons only give you points towards TH level 1, and only the first time you clear them. I figured that it's better to do them in ascending order of difficulty so I don't end up running out of 4 and 5 stars dungeons to beat.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 124
High Path or Class : Pyromaniac
Headshot : HP Farming Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch February 7th 2011, 10:30 am

You can redo the same dungeon every 20 hours to get points again, so you don't need to worry about running out.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe February 7th 2011, 12:43 pm

Really? Then I must've been misinformed back when. Thanks for clearing it up.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 124
High Path or Class : Pyromaniac
Headshot : HP Farming Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down