Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Deliverance

3 posters

Go down

Bloody Deliverance Empty Bloody Deliverance

Post by MeDeFe July 14th 2012, 4:17 pm

Fight 1:
The diseased flame bomb loses 2 life for each magic damage modifier on you and steals them every turn. It has a chance of dealing magic damage if you don't have any willpower or no positive magic damage modifiers. To make things hard it puts banes on you that give you -next magic and knocks some WP off you every now and then. You have 28 turns to kill it, so shortdeck. The holy trinity is Mana Needle, Soul Healing, and Cascade Effect. Other than those put in charms that give you +next magic, WP, or both.

Example Deck:

Fight 2:
Your "ally" immediately gives you 10 WP and puts a curse on you that gives you 2 WP every action you take, the problem is that you lose 100 life whenever you have more than 20 WP. The other problem is that your opponent periodically heals 100 damage for each point of WP on you above 3. I think this fight was designed with self-spirit and AoE WP and armor/ward destruction in mind. Lay Bare, Cataclysm, Transcendence and Blood Pact are probably essential. If you maintain a positive ongoing melee modifier your opponent will periodically destroy 4 WP on you and give you a huge +next melee boost. I also threw in Exorcism and Scepter of Gregorius, and filled the rest with Hyphused, Permafrost and Blightwood Blade.
This fight can probably be shortdecked with 30-35 charms, but finding the ideal balance will probably take some time.

Haven't gotten to the other fights yet.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 124
High Path or Class : Pyromaniac
Headshot : Bloody Deliverance Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Bloody Deliverance Empty Re: Bloody Deliverance

Post by MeDeFe July 16th 2012, 9:15 am

I tried the healing route for fight 3, keeping all my allies alive. It didn't work. I think Purifying Flames, Fervor's Flames and Heavenblaze may all be necessary for that to work. Otherwise you don't trigger the lifeloss often enough. The next time I'm in the vicinity I think I'll try a Jasper Rosary/God's Promise approach, 20000 damage shouldn't be so difficult.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 124
High Path or Class : Pyromaniac
Headshot : Bloody Deliverance Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch July 18th 2012, 2:44 pm

Theres were all with my first victory through, so there might/probably is some room for improvement.

Fight one, exactly as Medefe said, I used a slightly different deck

Bloody D Fight 1:

Fight 2: I looked for almost anything that used willpower up.

Bloody D Fight 2:

I initially tried my guild aura deck just to get an idea of what the fight was. It almost beat it so I just tweaked that a little, removing any magic, some group charm. I didn't worry about keeping anyone alive, just went about my business. Key charms are Bull faced banner which gives him +next magic build up which is not used and mana-powered thruster which uses that against him.

Bloody D Fight 3:

Fight 4 took a while, I tried salamath's to restore my ally for another -300 ongoing shot but for some reason he can't be restored. I tried a hug/Kiss of Lesath strategy and he can not be slowed down either. then went with a - ongoing strategy to keep the attacks off you. Took a bit of tweaking but finally success. key charm is Bolts from the blue, if that doesn't come out early you are done. Also try to limit magic use to just that charm so you don't lose your built up - next magic.

Bloody D Fight 4:

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch August 3rd 2012, 9:45 pm

Fight 3 replay as requested:

http://wl.attrib.org/estiah/replay/20d6a95e

Fight for where I got the achievement, just because:

http://wl.attrib.org/estiah/replay/eaf4428

Howie Feltersnatch

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastiondar August 4th 2012, 12:11 am

Thanks for the replay. Jeez. I was wondering how the heck you could beat fight 3 without letting your teammates die. I'm thinking "wtf, no way he could power through that." I stand corrected. Just goes to show that alot of charms that I never thought I'd use (so I never crafted or bought) can be very useful. Never got the bull faced banners, argh.

I almost beat it today, but didn't have enough healing. I think that's how I have to beat it as I'm lacking several other necessary charms for a melee strat. Gotta hit up Lumina, I think for some Braziers. 4 of them and I should be set.

Bastiondar
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 18
High Path or Class : Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum