Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

31st Contest - build a list of santa golem parts

2 posters

Go down

31st Contest - build a list of santa golem parts Empty 31st Contest - build a list of santa golem parts

Post by lessigfan January 23rd 2012, 12:08 am

HELP WANTED!

I would like to apologize for not having been able to release our highly expected Santa Golem to our best customers this year. You see, my beloved girl (and exceptional golem maker) has fallen ill a month ago, and was not able to go on her quest to gather all the materials to build that wonderful creation of hers. She has now recovered, but her mood is at an all time low. She's so depressed about not being able to make that golem that she's thinking about stopping her golembuilding career!

I sent her to her uncle Kyud for a 2-weeks vacation, but I would like to make a present to her when she returns: All the santa golem parts in a big box. If she sees everything, she won't be able to resist the urge to tinker with them again!

The only problem is that I don't really know what the parts are. When I asked her last month to describe them,
she said that I wouldn't be able to understand, or tell them apart from the common useless junk. I insisted, and she eventually gave me a single word as a hint: "Forty-two". What am I supposed to do with that?

So I am humbly requesting the help of adventurer guilds to try and understand what are the materials she was talking about. I'm pretty sure I have the resources to acquire all the items, but I need you to discover what they are, and where to find them. I have a crate full of pristine phoenix feathers, and I am willing to reward handsomely any item list you could provide me. On that list, I need the name of the item, where to find it, and a the reason why you think it fits the "hint". I don't even know how many items are supposed to be on that list, but from what I saw last year there has to be over 30 parts.

You have to send me that list before she returns in 2 weeks!

PS: please don't write down charms whose level or effect is linked to forty-two. Those are way to common to be of any use. Also please don't mention any level 42 monster, because... you know, I used to be an adventurer just like you, I even got my second class! ... but then I took an arrow in the knee and, well, let's just say I don't think I
would be able to handle that now.

Contest details
Please send your list to contact _at_ estiah.com, with the title "[31th Contest] "

The mail should have the list (sorted by name), and your in-game name.

You can submit an answer up to february the 5th. In case of tie, the report with the less "wrong" answers will win, and then the earliest one sent. Prizes will be awarded to more than one guild, and especially to any guild being the only one to find a specific part.

Also, unguilded players may group together and try to build a list, or even try do it on their own. Just list the names of the players of your group in the contest entry email.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : 31st Contest - build a list of santa golem parts 41152

Back to top Go down

31st Contest - build a list of santa golem parts Empty Re: 31st Contest - build a list of santa golem parts

Post by lessigfan January 23rd 2012, 12:19 am

So we have to come up with the longest list of items that are somehow related to the hint "fourty-two."

The number is an obvious nod to "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy," where a group of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings demand to learn the Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything from a supercomputer built for this purpose.

After ages, the big machine gives "42" as "the answer to life the universe and everything." When the beings (who are mice on earth) realize that's nonsense, the computer tells them their question was nonsense, and they need to find the ultimate question instead.

42 also has some mathematic, religious, and scientific uses, as well as some other literary ones. Apparently, there is an entire book on why 42 is an important number

Maybe we could come up with a few ideas for each use of the number "42" on the list? Check the wikipedia article, it is extensive!

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

31st Contest - build a list of santa golem parts Empty Re: 31st Contest - build a list of santa golem parts

Post by Howie Feltersnatch January 23rd 2012, 11:15 pm

I'll help if others are interested, but I don't have time to do as much as I did last time.

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan January 25th 2012, 1:37 am

From the shoutbox:

> Deadly Blades common item in the upper level blade shops -> 4=D 2=B there are a few other items with the DB initials

> A lot of item values have changed from was is in the wiki to be 42 gold now.

> one new book in kenley's, "42 safety rules of golem building"

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan January 26th 2012, 2:28 am

Hey everyone, sorry to keep going on about the contest, but we've got a list of 26 items, but there are others out there. Could everyone please check the stores in the city you're in for any connection to 42 - price, description, etc. Ditto for items in your inventory. We're close to having found them all!

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch January 26th 2012, 11:38 am

I have no idea how it relates, but it is not in the wiki, won via pet fighting.

[Painting: "Ancient Meuroque Rune"]

Base value 340g

Some strange runes drawn by creatures known as Meuroque, signed "Mrrgrrlggrrlgrrr".

Howie Feltersnatch

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down