Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where we all must sup

+4
lessigfan
Street Sweeper Arias
shadowmirror
Tabernacle
8 posters

Go down

Where we all must sup Empty Where we all must sup

Post by Tabernacle January 14th 2011, 11:04 pm

So I've finally gotten a decent setup for this dungeon. Still takes me about 120 AP per clear, but overall not too bad.

Fight 1:
The key to this fight is cumulative willpower and dual damage charms (should be really easy for zerkers, much harder for everyone else). Fury of the elements x 5 is pretty much required. Luminous idea is great. Next add what you have for cumulative WP (runed spear, cerulean rod, horned scepter, claws of dark wisdom, maybe a soul healing or two) and then a few good dual damage charms (I'm using deathknight's crest and permafrost). You need to be fast, so keep your deck short. 30 charms should do it.

Fight 2:
This one's really luck based. It sort of doesn't matter how good your deck is, if you don't get the right draw order, you're going to die.
OK, so it's you against Greydam, some soul harvester guy and this big old monster. You stand no chance of killing these guys without using the fight gimmick, so just go along with it.
To kill greydam, you need to put 24 rounds of focus on him. So run a bunch of cumulative focus charms. Hand of the lich, villianous fervor, guidance of the martyr etc.
To kill the soul harvester, you need to give him an extra action. Death spin works great since he has the lowest spirit of the bunch. However, if you draw your death spin while you're stacking focus on greydam, you'll probably get killed. I run a 22 charm deck with 2 death spins.
Once greydam and the soul harvester are killed off, the thrashing monster thingy kills itself in 4 turns.

Fight 3:
Lez and Nip part 3. So you're up against the infamous duo yet again. The key to this fight is to play or discard as many runes as possible in as short a time as possible. You want to run self spirit to get below 30 spirit as fast as you can. Also, you'll get stunned if you don't have any ward, so some ward charms are needed. The more runes you discard, the bigger magic buff you get every turn. My charms of choice for self spiriting are desperate fortress (only useful when pulled early though) and lay bare. Don't use EAs because you'll get punished heavily for them. Then it's all about the dual rune magic damage charms. Charred earth, permafrost, dawn's melody, consecrated soil, boreal spear etc. Run about 45 charms with 10 or so self spirit charms and pray for a good draw with the self spirit early.

Fight 4:
You and Yaxion against Maxim and his crew.
Two ways to go about this fight, AOE spirit short deck or the gimmick way. 5 dark heirlooms, 5 pandas and 5 psychic cries can work as long as the opponents don't pull a bunch of lawful wills and you get a halfway decent draw order. Terrible ideas are a decent add since they can eat away a little WP before your psychic cry smack down.
The gimmick way is to give yaxion as much willpower as you can. Ukkos indifference, mind cheer, circle of hands and lawful will are pretty much it unless you're a heirarch or paladin. Add some survival charms (song of chaos, lightning spike, wisdom of the repentant, blood aegis etc) and hope you get a good draw. You need to get about 20 WP on yaxion before you get killed (and you will get killed) to stand a chance of taking out the enemies.
Edit: There's a useful mechanic that I overlooked when I wrote this up. If the guy who plays hesitation is focused, he stuns the group when he plays hesitation. This is super useful because it gives you 240HP heal and ensures that everyone get's normalized. Add some nature's claws to your AOE willpower gear.

Last edited by Tabernacle on February 28th 2011, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Where we all must sup Tabernacle

Back to top Go down

Where we all must sup Empty Re: Where we all must sup

Post by shadowmirror January 18th 2011, 11:52 pm

On no,the first fight,at last can't my assassin escape from the black hand of Fury of Poerty?

shadowmirror
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 41
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : Where we all must sup 46012

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Sweeper Arias June 30th 2011, 9:14 pm

Got an example fight to post?
Street Sweeper Arias
Street Sweeper Arias
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Number of posts : 355

Headshot : I made your Icon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle June 30th 2011, 11:58 pm

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/36095146/owner/49854

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/36095195/owner/49854

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/36096238/owner/49854

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/36096269/owner/49854

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan August 15th 2011, 3:24 pm

Medefe asked me to put my WWAMS decks up, so here they are. No class or epic charms (other than FoTE), and only one or two high level charms.

Fight 1
Spoiler:

Fight 2
Spoiler:

Fight 3
Spoiler:

Fight 4
Spoiler:

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Where we all must sup 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Obadiah August 16th 2011, 8:11 am

Awesome, thank you Lessig.

Obadiah
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 126
High Path or Class : Champion
Headshot : Where we all must sup Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowmirror August 21st 2011, 12:40 am

hum,there are a little diferent from my deck with Lessig,

in fight 1,I used more EA attacks,the effect which gave u +next melee/magic was curse,so you could get more by EA.

and in fight 4,I added some cumul focus to make them stun more.

shadowmirror
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 41
Headshot : Where we all must sup 46012

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe October 5th 2011, 5:17 am

I've not had any luck with either Lessig's shortdeck or with EA abuse.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 124
High Path or Class : Pyromaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch October 5th 2011, 11:36 am

Here is what I used

Gear-Fight 1 EA method:

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe October 5th 2011, 2:56 pm

I finally got it to work by taking out the Claws and putting in Slowing Blast. If the Elite Assassin is alive while you keep pounding on the other, you lose to the triggered auras. The Debuff rune really helps you focus.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle October 5th 2011, 2:59 pm

I like aftershock (earth/debuff) and undermine (after you clear a few times at least) for my debuff runes in my decks.

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe October 5th 2011, 4:39 pm

Sadly, I lack the necessary Constitution for the former and the Dexterity for the latter. Besides, banes make them stronger, so something that deals damage might work better than Undermine.

Also: How come Blood Pact hasn't been mentioned for Fight 3 yet? BP and Baralas' Legacy are a pretty good combination there. I ran a 60-charm deck with BP, Lay Bare and Desperate Fortress. It worked well and looks likely to be consistent. The MPTs need replacing, though, I'm thinking Hand of Sulfur would be a good alternate addition.

Spoiler:
http://wl.attrib.org/estiah/replay/64e46568

I haven't had any luck with either proposed strategy for Fight 4 so far. I have this feeling that Decoy might be a not all bad addition, though. My problem has been that I die approximately by the 10th round with the spirit setup, and by the time Yaxion has at most 15 WP with the gimmick setup. A little bit of vanishing might help a great deal. Time to fight some level 52ers I guess.

Edit: Nevermind, I noticed it's a curse that triggers every action you take. I came quite close with the following deck, though.
Spoiler:

The problem is that Yaxion has to kill Maxim and the Scholar on the same turn. Moment of Clarity appears to trigger after Hesitation, and if the Scholar dies while another enemy is still alive you've pretty much lost.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch April 14th 2012, 7:50 am

WWAMS Fight 4 - Willpower:

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastiondar April 14th 2012, 11:05 am

thanks howie, i have all of those except fervor's flames. I'll make 5 and try it again.

Bastiondar
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 18
High Path or Class : Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch April 14th 2012, 5:40 pm

Any AoE cumulative willpower charms will work, I just threw in all I had that would get the other guy more WP

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch July 24th 2013, 10:54 am

Fight 4 - Spirit Short Deck:

Howie Feltersnatch