Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next stepp

+4
Apollo Rath
Howie Feltersnatch
lessigfan
Nepenthe
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Next stepp Empty Next stepp

Post by Nepenthe March 10th 2010, 7:10 pm

Ok I am at Part 1 Starting in Inachis. Skills are getting me a little. i decided I am going to go Fighter, Wizard, Pyromaniac. I took my job, now I need to arm myself for the River, but what to buy is the question

Nepenthe
Nepenthe
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1700
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Next stepp Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Next stepp Empty Re: Next stepp

Post by lessigfan March 10th 2010, 7:39 pm

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Next stepp 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 10th 2010, 8:23 pm

Look at what are going to be your final weapons (Pyro - Magic - Fire) and what you'll be using in between (Fighter & Wizard)

Your primary and secondary stats are already determined for you by being pyro (370 power 280 Intel) so you need to determine what will be your 3rd stat (i suggest dexterity so you can use frost and lightning charms)

If you go with that 1 power 2 intel 3 dex then look into getting frost and lightning charms.

While your at low levels try to level as many of the weapon stats as you can to rank 2 by the time your at level 20 though. I usually buy 5 vendor charms of what i'm trying to level and put 5.5.4 of different charms in a deck and fight the guys who use 13 charms and die of exhaustion (usually >1500 rankings). It will usually yield you 4.4.3 skill points for those charms.

Howie Feltersnatch

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 10th 2010, 8:54 pm

Thanks I am at part 1 and that is why I posted. I wanted to take Dex, but wasn't sure. Also not sure what to buy at charms. Xyel told me to get a magic loadout for the river.
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 10th 2010, 8:58 pm

at level 3 you really just want to use the best that you have....i just started gustov to follow that guide and i'm more or less just going to follow it to a T.

So I followed the guide and bought maces and wards...It worked out well because i also got balance points while fighting.

Last edited by Howie Feltersnatch on March 10th 2010, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 10th 2010, 9:00 pm

Howie Feltersnatch wrote:Look at what are going to be your final weapons (Pyro - Magic - Fire) and what you'll be using in between (Fighter & Wizard)

Your primary and secondary stats are already determined for you by being pyro (370 power 280 Intel) so you need to determine what will be your 3rd stat (i suggest dexterity so you can use frost and lightning charms)

If you go with that 1 power 2 intel 3 dex then look into getting frost and lightning charms.

While your at low levels try to level as many of the weapon stats as you can to rank 2 by the time your at level 20 though. I usually buy 5 vendor charms of what i'm trying to level and put 5.5.4 of different charms in a deck and fight the guys who use 13 charms and die of exhaustion (usually >1500 rankings). It will usually yield you 4.4.3 skill points for those charms.

This helps me and losses me. I got the first half but the second half where you level weapons I am not sure.
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 10th 2010, 9:05 pm

Nepenthe wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch wrote:

This helps me and losses me. I got the first half but the second half where you level weapons I am not sure.

when you fight others within a certain range (+/- 3 i think) you get "skill points" based on what runes (cards/weapons) you use, So in my exmaple above say i use 5 mace, 5 fire and 4 armor and win cause the guy exhaust himself (runs out of cards to play) i will get skill points in those 3 categories (mace fire, armor).

When you look in the "arena" everyone has a rating. you start out at 1500 and have to work to go down, so if someone had a >1500 rating they are probably a really easy win and alot of those guys only use the original 13 cards that were on them when they started.

Is that the part that was losing you?

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 10th 2010, 9:27 pm

So do you have all that on one loadout?
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 10th 2010, 9:36 pm

Attack
Wooden Swordx5
Small Ice Wandx5
Worn Leather Chestx3
Large Bonex5
Shadow Wandx1

Defend
Wooden Swordx5
Small Ice Wandx5
Worn Leather Chestx3
Large Bonex2
Small Glyphx3

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 10th 2010, 9:49 pm

I have everything but the Shadow wand. I also was going to create another loadout with magic only, at least that was the impression I got from Xyel
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 10th 2010, 9:58 pm

This is why he was telling you a magic only gear...but that isn't until a little later when you are doing more pvp. that being said, i've gotten ALOT of good advice from Xyel (and he knows alot more than i do about estian), you should probably follow it Next stepp Icon_smile .

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 11th 2010, 3:31 pm

Ok where do get these items?
Small Ice Wand x3

Bronze Helm x4

Spark Wand x1

Pair of Stone Swords x2
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan March 11th 2010, 3:52 pm

The wiki knows all: http://progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Bronze_Helm

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 11th 2010, 3:55 pm

and make a stop here for some nice GM scripts

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 11th 2010, 8:29 pm

the time wait is a problem for me. I found out why I don't have those items. Well I guess I do, I just don't have enough INT to see them, but I now wasted moving and working before I figured it out.

So I moved to Aleas like step to said, but when I could find those items I moved back think it had to be there. I also took the job, then I found my items and now I have to wait 24hrs to move again.
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 11th 2010, 11:55 pm

no big deal, i'm in the same boat you are more or less with gustov (i have 1 intel and messed up the move/work schedule) .the guide later on has a lot of day where no work is done, so if your ahead of the pace either don't work or just work as a messenger.

I decided to take him scout/rogue/assassin. mostly because i like the + melee sins have and since i'm taking howie novice/monk/assassin i wanted to be able to compare the 2 different routes.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 12th 2010, 6:12 pm

How does ward work. I am doing step 2 and I am getting killed in PvsP. Everyone is using ward and Even though I am wining I lose to exhaustion
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 12th 2010, 8:16 pm

Ok what does this mean magic 8 but then there is this (28% p)

and also skilled jobs.
what do you do with Gathering
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Rath March 12th 2010, 8:26 pm

Nepenthe wrote:Ok what does this mean magic 8 but then there is this (28% p)

and also skilled jobs.

the %'s next to the numbers mean it has a % of damage that pierces. so if they play ward (the armour equivalent for magic) a % of damage will still be done eg for a charm with 8magic (25%p) against an opponent with 20 ward, 6 damage will be warded (blocked) and 2 damage will pierce.

gathering allows you to spend some of your action points in search of items and locations
skilled jobs are not real different from normal jobs, they just have the added benefit of leveling up skills aswell. they are only useful if you have a need for the stats they give, or need to level a certain skill.
Apollo Rath
Apollo Rath
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Number of posts : 595
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : Next stepp Apollo_rath

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan March 12th 2010, 8:38 pm

Nepenthe wrote:How does ward work. I am doing step 2 and I am getting killed in PvsP. Everyone is using ward and Even though I am wining I lose to exhaustion

Ok what does this mean magic 8 but then there is this (28% p)

From here: https://duel.canadian-forum.com/guides-f82/estiah-intro-t3789.htm

· You can win a fight in two ways. 1st, knock your opponents health to zero. 2nd, have your opponent run out of charms before you're dead. You can lose the same ways. Some dungeon opponents can't lose by running out of charms.
· Estiah has 3 main types of damage - physical, magic, and spirit. The first two reduce your health; the last makes you discard charms. Estiah has 3 main types of defense - armor, ward, and will. These combat the 3 main types of damage.
· %P is percent of damage which will pierce defense. If you have 20 armor, and my twin blades do 10 (50%p) damage, you'll lose 10 armor (full value of attack) and 5 life (the % which pierced).
It isn't too hard to beat spirit turtles until late level 30s. Use all your space in a deck - 15/15 charms or whatever. In addition to choosig your highest damage charms, pick one damage type (e.g if they're using lots of ward, use melee damage rather than magic). If they're using spirit damage, you can use will, but that doesn't seem to be your problem yet. Also, level up skills that add to your spirit.

Nepenthe wrote:and also skilled jobs.
Apollo is right. Skills from jobs aren't so important you'll do poorly without them, but they're free stat points, so you really should go after them. Other than messenger/conveyor, I almost never do jobs that don't give me skill points.

For me, unless I'm gathering for a specific item (which is rare), gathering is just a point sink. If I've got action points to burn, and I don't want to spend them in the arena or I've exhausted dungeons & pvp, then I'll spend them on gathering. Doing some gathering in every city is a good idea, because it uncovers hidden 1-stage dungeons, which give items to craft really nice items. Those are almost always worth doing, but I haven't been going after expert gathering skills, it just distracts from more useful pursuits.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 16th 2010, 12:09 pm

Ok I am now getting killed trying to fight above me as in step three. I don't seem to have the weapons to compete yet. Al I have done is mostly hang around Inachis and walk around. I did spend about 20 duels in pvp before and didn't do to well. I am now a level 6
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 16th 2010, 12:21 pm

if your still not doing well, fight people your level and below. you won't get courage points but those are easier to get later.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 16th 2010, 12:44 pm

I can beat them, except if they have Ward. I haven't figured that out yet, also notice money goes fast.
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 16th 2010, 2:05 pm

yes money does go fast but you also start getting it faster (a little) as you level up.

There are 3 type of damage in estiah and 3 types of protection. Melee (armor), magic (ward), spirit (willpower). They are countering you magic damage with ward. To get around that you can build your deck to focus more on melee damage, but there isn't really a way to tell what they are going to have before you fight them. That is important to remember for dungeons though, where you might have to fight them multiple times, adjusting your attack before you beat them.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepenthe March 16th 2010, 2:26 pm

So is am I missing something else? Once you work, do the dungeons, add to the guild, are you really done for the day. Is the only thing to do after that is PvP?
Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down