Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet Fights

4 posters

Go down

Pet Fights Empty Pet Fights

Post by lessigfan March 3rd 2010, 12:47 am

I know we've discussed this before, but has anyone figured out anything reliable about pet fights?

Charm order: I've tried switching charms into various orders - all magic then all melee, vice versa, a more logical order, using identical charms consecutively or far apart, I copied successful pets orders, etc. Nothing seems to matter, just luck of the draw on what you go against.

Charm v. Charm: I haven't been able to figure out which charms beat others, and under what circumstances this happens. There is certainly no consistency or natural outcomes (e.g. spirit may beat will), and I haven't tested this much. In my experience earth seems to be really effective, sword and fire seem ok, and spirit does a lot of damage occasionally, but mostly seems to lose. Have any of you noticed different patterns?

Pet's Mood: I think it is clear that happier pets perform better. But it seems like not all statuses are the same. For example, if a pet is "energetic" but I feed him a few more times before racing/fighting, it seems like he does better than if I race/fight after just getting to energetic. So perhaps each mood has several stages, and the higher the stage the better.

Stat Selection: I've also tried piling attributes onto only two stats, which didn't do very well. I've also divided stats evenly across all 4 categories, that hasn't done well either. So far I've had best luck with picking 3 stats and dividing evenly among them.

Charm to Stat Relation: Xyel said there was a rumor that the charms of a certain type would do better if you piled stats in that area - e.g. pow & dex for sword/shadow charms, int & pow for fire/fist charms. I assume the colors correspond across attributes, e.g. cruelty = pow, fitness = con, etc.

If true, I don't know what that means for armor, ward, will, spirit, summon, buff, debuff, & tech charms, but I think I'm going to rebuild my charm setup on a pet to test it. Has anyone noticed this?

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Pet Fights 41152

Back to top Go down

Pet Fights Empty Re: Pet Fights

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 3rd 2010, 9:27 am

Another fantastic cut and paste job sponsored by Howie Pet Fights Fresse

I think XXXXXX came up with the best explanation to-date...

With Pets, the color of the attribute corresponds directly with it's
partner attribute of the same color in your character:

RED = POW = Cruelty

BLUE = INT = Ruse

GREEN = DEX = Agility

YELLOW = CON = Fitness

If you have Axe weapons on your character, you would need INT + CON. On
your pet, that would correspond to Ruse + Fitness. At least for it to
be more effective anyway. We need to test this.

Remember the Neutral charms that you can give your pet though:

Spirit =Feed Ghost Powder

Tech = Feed Champonara

Buff and Debuff are bought in stores.

Since you can have 3 max of each charm, those 4 above would be 12 of the
20 max. So you need to find 8 more charms that fit in with your pet's
stats.... I THINK.

So we need to concentrate on getting our pets with stats that correspond

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan March 23rd 2010, 4:39 pm

lessigfan wrote:Charm to Stat Relation: Xyel said there was a rumor that the charms of a certain type would do better if you piled stats in that area - e.g. pow & dex for sword/shadow charms, int & pow for fire/fist charms. I assume the colors correspond across attributes, e.g. cruelty = pow, fitness = con, etc.

If true, I don't know what that means for armor, ward, will, spirit, summon, buff, debuff, & tech charms, but I think I'm going to rebuild my charm setup on a pet to test it. Has anyone noticed this?

I think this is bunk. I rebuilt 3 pets to test this. All 3 had their stats in 3 different attributes, and only had charms that correlated with these stats. They win no more often than any of my other pets.

My best pet - who wins about 30% of the dragon fights he enters - is setup like this: 35 CRUELTY, 31 AGILITY, 34 FITNESS, 0 RUSE. But his runes don't all correlate to these attributes, they're just generally higher value runes: Buff, Earth, Twin, Spirit, Debuff, Fist, Tech, Armor, Axe, Frost, Buff, Earth, Shadow, Debuff, Summon, Sword, Tech, Fire, Spear, Spear, Mace.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch March 23rd 2010, 8:37 pm

my next testing is stacking all the green runes i can get and maxing out agility. Buff, debuff, tech, summon, earth, mace, spirit.

But no, i really don't win that much

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan April 27th 2010, 8:34 pm

The only predictive measure I've been able to find on pet fights, other than mood, is the value/rarity of the pet. I have a stray hamster & pumpkin ghost with identical stats, charms, and charm order. The ghost wins dragon leagues pretty regularly, the hamster has never gotten past the first round.

My biggest winning pets are all high value - pumpkin ghost, flying cow, chopley's donkey, dying polar bear, and ninja cat (low value, but green rather than grey). My least-winning pets have been a stray hamster, bloodsucking flea, heavily armored snake, and dim wisp.

EDIT: Before I dump all my low-value pets I've got at 100/100 stats with 20 runes, has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited by lessigfan on April 27th 2010, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMan April 27th 2010, 10:38 pm

I hardly ever win races with my bloodsucking flee, if that helps you lessig. I've maybe won 3 times ever

SinMan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Number of posts : 406
High Path or Class : Warrior
Headshot : Pet Fights Sinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch April 27th 2010, 11:21 pm

i dont think it matters what the pet is, just the stats and runes....but i could very well be wrong.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan April 28th 2010, 9:00 am

Howie Feltersnatch wrote:i dont think it matters what the pet is, just the stats and runes....but i could very well be wrong.
I didn't think so either, but like I said, my pumpkin ghost & stray hamster have vastly different win rates, even with the same attributes, runes, & rune order. I can't think of another explanation.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by busterbros April 28th 2010, 10:55 am

I've won some dragon leagues lately with my Lava Snail, and that was at only 96-98 attributes, I'm still working on balancing them out.
busterbros
busterbros
Retired General
Retired General

Herenvale Nickname : busterbros
Number of posts : 3904
High Path or Class : Warrior
Avatar URL : if you can read this, you're already dead
Headshot : Silver Duelie

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch April 28th 2010, 12:23 pm

it seems to me that I win more when my pets mood is just to the happy side of neutral, and this could be purely coincidental since when i fight more the mood stays lower, but more fights = more chances to win?!?

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch June 19th 2010, 9:30 pm

From looking at winners, and how i've done the pattern of debuff x3 then buff x3 seems rather prevalent. I filled mine in with as many greens and maces plus earth, which for some reason those 2 seem to be pretty powerful

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: