Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To work or not to work - Loengrin?

5 posters

Go down

To work or not to work - Loengrin? Empty To work or not to work - Loengrin?

Post by Howie Feltersnatch January 23rd 2010, 11:19 pm

I'm trying to get loengrin's fight skills up to a useable level. I now have a few at 2 and a few more approaching 2. What i'm wondering is if i want to continue to take the academies at Zeal to help level those skill. I generally get 25 extra skill points for that skill, but i also get at 6 attribute points (i've leveled twice just by academies and leveling skills). Getting those attribute points level me up, making wins that much harder to come by in pvp.

So should i continue doing the academies, or should i use the work to move, along with my move for the day, to find more low level (cherry picking) pvp battles in different cities? Thought/comments or other ideas are appreciated!

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

To work or not to work - Loengrin? Empty Re: To work or not to work - Loengrin?

Post by lessigfan January 24th 2010, 1:46 am

Unless your attribute points are screwed up so badly you can't use decent charms (e.g. if they were all the same amount) - absolutely don't work/study for stat points. The only working should be to move to a new area for PvP & dungeons. Or maybe as a last resort to earn a specific weapon-type skill points that you can't get any other way.

I haven't worked with any of my characters for quite a whiel - except to move, and in rare circumstances where I'm a few attributes of using a killer charm. Leveling Loen any more would be death for a character so far behind.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : To work or not to work - Loengrin? 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by busterbros January 24th 2010, 3:35 pm

On a semirelated note, could you guys give me some idea of what total attribs I should have by the time I hit level 20? I don't want to level too fast.

I'm at level 17 right now and I am
189 HIT POINTS
38 POWER
69 DEXTERITY
27 SPIRIT
55 CONSTITUTION
69 INTELLECT
busterbros
busterbros
Retired General
Retired General

Herenvale Nickname : busterbros
Number of posts : 3904
High Path or Class : Warrior
Avatar URL : if you can read this, you're already dead
Headshot : Silver Duelie

Back to top Go down

Post by Balls Of Steel January 24th 2010, 5:07 pm

Depends on what you are aiming to be bb

here is my lvl 14 character who will go fighter-->Wizard--> Pyromaniac

HIT POINTS

POWER

DEXTERITY

SPIRIT

CONSTITUTION

INTELLECT

-------------------------------------------------------------------

my main attribute will be Power, Secondary will be Intellect and Third attribute with be Dex.
Balls Of Steel
Balls Of Steel
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Number of posts : 595
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : You do not mess with the balls

Back to top Go down

Post by busterbros January 24th 2010, 5:13 pm

Is there a secret to using a perfumed lion steak, I just bought some and I thought that [Use] would appear next to it in my inventory but it hasn't. I've never used an item before, so I don't know.
busterbros
busterbros
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan January 24th 2010, 6:18 pm

busterbros wrote:Is there a secret to using a perfumed lion steak, I just bought some and I thought that [Use] would appear next to it in my inventory but it hasn't. I've never used an item before, so I don't know.

You have to be level 20 to use +1 stat items. You have to level 30 to use +2 stat items. And I think level 40 to use the +1 stat potions that don't count towards the cap.

Here are the stats on my guy who just hit level 20:
246 HIT POINTS
30 SPIRIT
28 POWER
100 DEXTERITY
80 CONSTITUTION
101 INTELLECT

Skills mastered : 36
New Skills : 51
Collected charms : 315
Collected unique charms : 126

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : To work or not to work - Loengrin? 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch January 24th 2010, 7:57 pm

what i'm doing is getting Howie to level 20 and then basically stopping work for awhile. I'm going to do the conveyor jobs and just fight and gather until i have my stats caught up.

I went till level 20 because it allow for level 3 of most stat and level 3 gather items are alot more valuable than levels 1 or 2 and there are still a bunch of easy alts pvp wins around level 18 ish

Me at Level 20. I'm planning novice/monk/assassin
Power 43
Intellect 100
Dexterity 94
Constitution 70
Spirit 29
Hit Points 236

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by busterbros January 24th 2010, 8:31 pm

I'm planning monk/assassin as well, thanks for the advice everyone.
busterbros
busterbros
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel January 24th 2010, 8:56 pm

Tbh I dont see much point in refusing the work and only level by skills - the leveling will take way too long (900 character growth is 150 6-stats jobs, which is 5 months anyway/, wont give you an edge in battle /aside from +HP skills, more on that later/ as you wont have stats to use many types of charms anyway and most importantly, you can always do most them later on the arena mobs - action points are worth always the same amount.

Now to the important part - +HP skills (http://progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Category:%2BHP_Skill) are absolutely crucial to competitiveness - its only fun for so long to get hammered by ppl with 150+ more HP than you in colliseums. These skills and charm /components/ farming is what one needs to stop for.

Finally to the stat distribution, it is very important to have one dump-stat, otherwise one wont be able to use the best charms for th given level as one usually needs 1 high stat and 2 bit lower to be able to use most of available charms.

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 269
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot : To work or not to work - Loengrin? Xyel

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch January 26th 2010, 5:00 pm

Xyel wrote:Tbh I dont see much point in refusing the work and only level by skills - the leveling will take way too long (900 character growth is 150 6-stats jobs, which is 5 months anyway/

Now to the important part - +HP skills (http://progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Category:%2BHP_Skill) are absolutely crucial to competitiveness - its only fun for so long to get hammered by ppl with 150+ more HP than you in colliseums. These skills and charm /components/ farming is what one needs to stop for.

In case you missed it, loengrin had most battle skills at level 1 (some at level 2 now) so all i could use were basically vendor charms and level 20 charms. The more i level up the less easy wins there are. I need to get all i can to get access to better charms before i go against decent competition.

As for stopping with Howie, I needed/wanted to level up horseback riding so that later on when i wanted to get from one side of the map to the other I could easily. Level 20 was a real good time to do so. I still have lots of room to work on getting my skills up (everything pretty much just went from 2 to 3), I now get to use the seal in guild battles. And after looking at the HP skills, i think i might look into the tablet hunter and tablet seeker quests for the +50 HP

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel January 27th 2010, 7:42 am

Well the reason that the amount of easy wins goes down with loengrin leveling up is it has abysmally bad HP. It doesnt matter what charms you have when you are 200 HP below par, you just lose - Im about 100HP below par and hell it sucks.

Anyway, my main point is that its pointless to stop lvling for battleskills but you absolutely have to stop for HP as it just gets worse with levels - especially skills like survival are hard to do later on.

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 269
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot : To work or not to work - Loengrin? Xyel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down