Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Estiah Player Here

+2
Rebarbichus
lessigfan
6 posters

Go down

New Estiah Player Here Empty New Estiah Player Here

Post by lessigfan October 8th 2009, 11:54 pm

I'm pretty new to this game, but I'm working on a few characters just to see how it goes - lessigfan, whanana, and jambarama. I was pretty lost for a while, but once I discovered gathering, I'm doing a lot better and I rather like the setup.

Looks like there is a monk guild there already, but it is full. Should we create second one, just for the extra spaces? Can we buy extra slots in the monk guild? Anyone have tips for a newb?

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : New Estiah Player Here 41152

Back to top Go down

New Estiah Player Here Empty Re: New Estiah Player Here

Post by Rebarbichus October 9th 2009, 12:19 am

we will need to expand the guild hall which is next on the list to do. You need to be level 10 to contribute to the guild anyway so just work on getting there.

I am fairly noobish at the game as well but here are some things I have been doing that I think are helping me.

Dont level too fast unless you have somewhere to go. This is because you need to have time to craft equips that are useful or you will get pawned in PvP.

The best charms I think are the ones you craft in the main city Iclisis (sp??) with soul dust and fragments. I was losing all my fights until I discovered that and now winning most. Catch 22 is you get the soul dust and frags by beating people or if you defeat the ambushers while gathering. Maybe other places but I havent noticed.

If I am trying to level I use the job everyday to increase attributes but most of the time I am not trying to level so my job is as a messenger or conveyor to get the 200+ gold.

I use my action points to do PvP most of the time because I am trying to build up soul dust and frags. I have not been doing very many dungeons but most likely should be.

If I could start over I would try not to level past some point say around level seven and just use action points to do PvP everyday. I would max my ward, armor, and the mininum number of melee skills needed to fight at that level. Meaning I would have two different charm sets. The first would be melee attack only with say 5 of the top sword, axe, mace, and twinblade charms to fill out my 20 charm limit used as default attack. The second would be nothing but wards and armor to use as default defense. Each day I would use my job to travel to an adjacent city then come right back with my move option and attack all weaker foes hoping for soul dust or fragments. Stay in the city hoping you win some of the battles against people that challenge you. As you build up soul dust and fragments you can craft the best available charms and then be in a state of perpetual ownage while building up a stockpile of soul dust and fragments because you would not be gaining any skill points. Once you build up a good stock of soul dust and fragments you move to the next "tier" of crafting which I think is level 10 by doing dungeons and leveling up other skills. Repeat the process.

Rebarbichus
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1617
High Path or Class : Mage
Avatar URL : This year's sexiest duelist alive
Headshot : New Estiah Player Here Rebarbichus

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan October 9th 2009, 10:23 am

I've been using my points to gather a lot, then selling the stuff I gathered for gold. I've got a bit of soul dust from the sewers, but I suppose I'll need better stuff soon. I haven't seen any fragments though, so I'll figure out how to get them.

The advice about charm sets and staying within a crafting tier is really good. Thanks that's really helpful.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Balls Of Steel October 9th 2009, 10:55 am

I have been doing it a bit differently....the dungeons/quests can be done more than once, and the scrolls they drop are pretty awesome!

i sometimes do like rebarb....but i hate doing the whole, ward+armour for defence....mainly because i dnt like it when ppl do that to me, so i dnt do it to them

so far i have collected like 22 soul fragments(other than the ones i already used)

its been working out for me, although i find it hard to find items requiring pow+con in the dust trader/ fragment trader or wtever
Balls Of Steel
Balls Of Steel
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Number of posts : 595
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : You do not mess with the balls

Back to top Go down

Post by Balls Of Steel October 9th 2009, 10:55 am

btw, rebarb where is city Iclisis ?

or did u mean inachis?
Balls Of Steel
Balls Of Steel
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebarbichus October 9th 2009, 12:52 pm

yeah inachis, just too lazy to look it up

Rebarbichus
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemrak October 10th 2009, 9:59 am

I can't beat the Rat God in the Sewers and I'm a level 5. What gives?
Nemrak
Nemrak
Major General
Major General

Number of posts : 777
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : New Estiah Player Here Nemrak

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan October 10th 2009, 10:39 am

Nemrak wrote:I can't beat the Rat God in the Sewers and I'm a level 5. What gives?

I couldn't for a while either, but I figured it out. You need more damage cards in your loadout. What is happening is you're burning through everything you've got, and it isn't enough to kill it, so it wins. http://www.estiah.com/market

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemrak October 10th 2009, 10:45 am

Awesome. It worked. Thanks lessig.
Nemrak
Nemrak
Major General
Major General

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan October 10th 2009, 10:53 am

Nemrak wrote:Awesome. It worked. Thanks lessig.

Yeah it seems like there are two ways to win a battle - kill the other guy or out last all his attacks. I don't know what happens in a stalemate though.

The two links I wish I'd used more earlier are the gathering: http://www.estiah.com/city/gathering and arena (just has npcs): http://www.estiah.com/arena/6

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemrak October 10th 2009, 11:00 am

I use both of those already. I've been gathering a lot more now though. I have 4 Soul Dusts already. I'm trying to max a lot of my skills before I level up too much.
Nemrak
Nemrak
Major General
Major General

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemrak October 10th 2009, 11:01 am

Also, when are we going to have more room in the guild?
Nemrak
Nemrak
Major General
Major General

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan October 10th 2009, 11:09 am

Nemrak wrote:Also, when are we going to have more room in the guild?

barbich wrote:You need to be level 10 to contribute to the guild anyway so just work on getting there.

I'm going to stick around 7 for a while and see of I can get more skills and items. I'm not entirely sure how all of the skills help - other than boosting your stats somewhat - but it being an advanced herbalist or level 1 economist must do something.

Nemrak wrote:I use both of those already. I've been gathering a lot more now though. I have 4 Soul Dusts already. I'm trying to max a lot of my skills before I level up too much.

I think you'll need a lot more soul dust than that. It converts into soul fragments at a rate of 8:1. I haven't figured out how to make stuff yet, but I suppose that'll come soon. http://www.estiah.com/shop/6000

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemrak October 10th 2009, 11:17 am

Also, something else I didn't catch. How do I get more Action Points per hour or whatever? Leveling up?
Nemrak
Nemrak
Major General
Major General

Back to top Go down

Post by Balls Of Steel October 10th 2009, 12:28 pm

Nemrak wrote:Also, when are we going to have more room in the guild?

Very soon, we already starting working on the guild hall and should have 3 more places available....if needed we will b uild guildhall II soon after that

lessigfan wrote:
I'm going to stick around 7 for a while and see of I can get more skills and items. I'm not entirely sure how all of the skills help - other than boosting your stats somewhat - but it being an advanced herbalist or level 1 economist must do something.

lessigfan wrote:
Nemrak wrote:I use both of those already. I've been gathering a lot more now though. I have 4 Soul Dusts already. I'm trying to max a lot of my skills before I level up too much.

I think you'll need a lot more soul dust than that. It converts into soul fragments at a rate of 8:1. I haven't figured out how to make stuff yet, but I suppose that'll come soon. http://www.estiah.com/shop/6000

Here is how i understand....when ur below lvl 10, wt u gain from fights is sould dust....this u can use to get lvl 7 cards/scrolls from a dust trader

then after lvl 10 u start getting soul fragments instead, which u can trade with a fragment trader for lvl 12 items....superior fragment traders trade for soul fragments too, but they sell lvl 17 requirement scrolls/cards

after lvl 20 u start getting shards....and then after lvl 30 u start getting gems....again, its the same cycle as above.

Nemrak wrote:Also, something else I didn't catch. How do I get more Action Points per hour or whatever? Leveling up?

u get 20 AP(action points) every 2 hours, and u lvl up by gaining points in( pow/int/con/dex)

u will find something that says, for example, Progress to next level
(11/20)...for me, this means i need 9 more points(in any of the four stats) to go to the next lvl

you get stat points from two things: 1) working--you should prolly know this by now

2) by developing skills: http://www.estiah.com/character/skill when you master a skill, u gain stat points as a reward.
Balls Of Steel
Balls Of Steel
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Semaphor October 10th 2009, 1:17 pm

lessigfan wrote:I'm going to stick around 7 for a while and see of I can get more skills and items. I'm not entirely sure how all of the skills help - other than boosting your stats somewhat - but it being an advanced herbalist or level 1 economist must do something.
Nope, that's exactly what skills are for: Boosting your stats (okay, classes require certain skill levels, as do charms). You can only get 900 skills out of "Work", so you need skills to level further.
Semaphor
Semaphor
Retired Lieutenant General
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1613
Headshot : New Estiah Player Here Semaphor

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Rath October 10th 2009, 8:57 pm

Semaphor wrote: You can only get 900 skills out of "Work", so you need skills to level further.

oh thats what those numbers mean. lol i was wondering what it was all about
Apollo Rath
Apollo Rath
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Headshot : New Estiah Player Here Apollo_rath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebarbichus October 13th 2009, 2:52 pm

I have been doing some of the dungeons lately and they do give great rewards.

Rebarbichus
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down