Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

28th Contest - Creature Encyclopedia

3 posters

Go down

28th Contest - Creature Encyclopedia  Empty 28th Contest - Creature Encyclopedia

Post by lessigfan April 10th 2011, 6:30 pm

This contest is a creativity challenge where a player has to imagine an
encyclopedia entry for a creature in the Estiah universe. The entry will look like this:

Name: The name of the creature. It could either be the name of a very specific individual, or the name of a race.
Image: This is a small visual representation of the creature. It can be a gif / jpeg / png image but the size must not exceed 100*100px (optional)
Description: A general description of the creature. Should not exceed 5 lines.
Attacks: Describe how your creature would defend itself in a fight. The format is free: you can just explain, try to format it like Estiah charms, or even draw a schema. The text or the drawing should remain relatively small.
[Trait1]: Traits 1 to 4 are categories you are free to chose. It could be anything that you feel describe well your creature. For example: Favorite food, mating dance, pick-up line, ...
[Trait2]:
[Trait3]:
[Trait4]:

How to choose your creature:
It could be anything Estiah-related. You can pick an enemy from a dungeon (First Mate Syrup, Mountain Yeti ...), something that is just hinted at (Werecrab, Meuroque...) or even a creature that would fit into the lore
(red dragon whelp, zombie cow, ...). You could even stretch it out to some of the obscure Estiah meme like "The Saladmama", but don't just pick real player names.

What you should not pick:
- Real life persons, known fictional characters (Sephiroth, Super meat boy, ...) or things that would seem too much out of place in Estiah (Tri-headed protodragon, Cthulhu, ...)

The entries will have to be sent to contact@estiah.com, with the following subject: [28th Contest] - YourName (for example: [28th Contest] - Lezard). And with the graphical elements attached.

You are also allowed to post your monster on the forum if you wish, but only mail submissions will be registered. Maximum of 2 per person. Quality over quantity.

There will be two main criteria for rating submissions: Creativity and fun. The quality of the monster image is always a little plus, but even if you're only able to draw stick figures, it won't prevent you from winning the grand prize.

http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=5692.0

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : 28th Contest - Creature Encyclopedia  41152

Back to top Go down

28th Contest - Creature Encyclopedia  Empty Re: 28th Contest - Creature Encyclopedia

Post by Street Sweeper Arias April 12th 2011, 6:03 pm

Thanks for the alert, just sent in my entry.
Street Sweeper Arias
Street Sweeper Arias
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Number of posts : 355
High Path or Class : Assassin

Headshot : I made your Icon.

Back to top Go down

28th Contest - Creature Encyclopedia  Empty Re: 28th Contest - Creature Encyclopedia

Post by Street Sweeper Arias May 8th 2011, 2:57 pm

I was robbed.
Street Sweeper Arias
Street Sweeper Arias
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch May 8th 2011, 3:02 pm

Street Sweeper Arias wrote:I was robbed.

You just haven't spent any $$ on the game. What a Face

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Sweeper Arias May 8th 2011, 3:18 pm

Howie Feltersnatch wrote:
Street Sweeper Arias wrote:I was robbed.

You just haven't spent any $$ on the game. What a Face

Good point. I like the way you think.

Here are the top four winners with their current item counts and how much they must have donated minimum.

Bazabaza 807 items $246 donation
Wolfsoul 91 items $0 (token free player)
Sheira 279 items $84 donation
Gabbin 311 items $96 donation
Street Sweeper Arias
Street Sweeper Arias
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down