Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our own Bounty Board

2 posters

Go down

Our own Bounty Board Empty Our own Bounty Board

Post by Howie Feltersnatch February 7th 2011, 2:22 am

Anyone ever get that annoying guy, who attacks you day after day. I just had one, Firej. I think he was working on getting his rating up, and was attacking Howie when he had a bounty on him (along with a few other alts). Now I don't need outlaw or self defense points anymore, but it got annoying seeing the same guy beating me on multiple guys daily. He has a delayed aura deck which is easily countered using Gorgon shield, so I redid a few alts and knocked his rating down 50 or so points (4 @ -14 each since he had a bounty). I thought that he had gotten the message since they were all from OOBM and used almost identical decks. Apparently not, since I had a few more defeats from him earlier today. So I set up gears for all my toon in that city and knocked him down about 80 more points and felt better. I then put a bounty back on him since you lose more points when you have a bounty on than with no bounty. So the fun begins again tomorrow.

It got me thinking, and although we can't give gold or items, it might be fun to start our own bounty board in case any other monks are in the area and want to join in.

So for the first, see the link above. He uses a delayed aura strategy, so Gorgon shield or purge work well with armor stacking. He short decks and has a decent amount of will, so voodoo heads are great.

A sample deck

Gorgon Shield x5
Nerman's Defender x5
Echo Shield x5
Voodoo Head x5
Soul Cry x5
Shield of the Whale x

See fight here

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Our own Bounty Board Empty Re: Our own Bounty Board

Post by Xyel February 7th 2011, 11:03 am

I think this is called tayloring (or something like that) and its the primary reason why the rating factor in the game sucks and I stopped being active in it - its virtually impossible to defend when a guy with a ton of alts/guild decides to take down your rating - I even tried to have 3 and 2 def gears - melee, magic (spirit) so it randomly picks your defense, still impossible when you lose 14 on loss and gain 1 on win.

So anyways, I wouldnt do this unless you really dont like the guy because this is the fastest way to make people quit.

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 269
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot : Our own Bounty Board Xyel

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch February 12th 2011, 11:29 pm

Apparently this guy just doesn't get that when he attacks me, I attack him. I sent him nice little message afterwards:
I felt kinda bad about that run i just had, so I went ahead and put a bounty on you to make up a little for it.

Howie Feltersnatch

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: