Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the worst Magic Type? Why?

5 posters

Go down

Worst Magic Type?

What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_lcap23%What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_lcap0%What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_lcap0%What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_lcap38%What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_lcap31%What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_lcap8%What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Empty What is the worst Magic Type? Why?

Post by lessigfan September 30th 2010, 12:54 am

My vote is earth or holy. Holy never does any real damage, and only works with projection/auras. Earth, having no pierce and a useless melee component stinks. Lightning diddles around with shifting too much, and ends up lousy, so it deserves an honorable mention.

Fire is my favorite, frost and shadow are decent.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : What is the worst Magic Type? Why? 41152

Back to top Go down

What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Empty Re: What is the worst Magic Type? Why?

Post by shadowmirror October 11th 2010, 6:51 am

I think is holy...the wrost damage,but earth might be devastating at sometime.

At a siege battle...I have forget most details,but the situation is :

my alt, axelalmar(Berserker)and I, versus only one enemy,both axel and I have about 500HP,the enemy is at 600HP.

He used two rocksilde(maybe a little other actions) and then we were dead.
This gave me a big shock,I don't know how did he get buffed,maybe blood pact and manastrom from his teammate and otherthing,the damage is over 200 magic and over 150 melee.That's not the point.

The problem is,rocksilde will attack twice if target have no armor and ward, so my alt and I both died.
and if there is another one uses 25k twinblade,it will makes a combo to the lowest hp enemy,also melee+magic attack.

shadowmirror
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 41
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : What is the worst Magic Type? Why? 46012

Back to top Go down

Post by Novacat October 12th 2010, 1:32 pm

Hey, Holy has its uses!

Where would we be without charms like Soul Healing, Restore Faith, or Circle of Hands. And sometimes, penetrating damage is the only way to go; at those times, Blind Ray and eventually Searing Light and Twin Ray are your friends.

I've never really connected strongly with Shadow until the stronger spirit related charms started popping up, mostly because I would just penetrate through ward. I have also had little use for lightning until recently.

I think, overall, the diversity of magic is handled a little better than in melee; each has its purpose, whether we like it or not.
Novacat
Novacat
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 125
High Path or Class : Paladin
Headshot : What is the worst Magic Type? Why? 62282

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel October 12th 2010, 1:38 pm

With melee and magic it is actually the opposite - all types of melee are playable in most parts of the game and still have some base features. With magic on the other hand, the only competitively playable type is fire (face it, you are not beating a pyro in a magic mirror with any numbers of people, ever /meant with normal (==what you would take to colli) gears - ofc you can beat a pyro with 5x mage bane + 5k cumullative ward, but that doesnt exactly mean anything/) and even that starts sucking at lvl46+ as it has no answer to auras.

To the topic, it is hard to tell between lightning, holy and earth as they are all completely useless (counting lvl50- competition as I know nothing about the 50+ one).

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 269
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot : What is the worst Magic Type? Why? Xyel

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan February 9th 2011, 12:03 am

Leveling hasn't changed my opinion here. Fire & frost seem to be where its at. Shadow isn't bad, but only because it has hitched its wagon to spirit & banes.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : What is the worst Magic Type? Why? 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch February 9th 2011, 12:05 am

Lightning, I can't do jack with my slayers Evil or Very Mad

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down