Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new theory on pet fighting/racing.

3 posters

Go down

My new theory on pet fighting/racing. Empty My new theory on pet fighting/racing.

Post by Howie Feltersnatch July 27th 2010, 5:05 pm

I've come to the conclusion that some pets are just somehow tagged as being better at racing and fighting when the are initially adopted. I started several new pets, all the same. I've feed them all the same thing at the same time and raced them at the same time. I've notice there are haves and have nots. One have 4 race wins while most have 1 or 0.

Also one of my older pets, random stat distribution (whatever happens to be around to feed him) and random runes wins pet fighting much more often (alot more) than any of the others.

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

My new theory on pet fighting/racing. Empty Re: My new theory on pet fighting/racing.

Post by Xyel July 27th 2010, 5:25 pm

So you are suggesting that pets have some hidden attribute, which determines how well they do at fighting and/or racing? Thats interesting and makes sense.

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 269
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot : My new theory on pet fighting/racing. Xyel

Back to top Go down

My new theory on pet fighting/racing. Empty Re: My new theory on pet fighting/racing.

Post by lessigfan July 27th 2010, 9:11 pm

I've noticed that as well, I had two pets with identical runes & stats, and one wins fights far more often (pumpkin ghost > skeleton puppy). I dumped the puppy and picked up chopley's donkey, and it ended up doing better. I figured it was related to pet value or rarity or something. Of course it could also just be stochasticity, we tend to find meaning in randomness.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : My new theory on pet fighting/racing. 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch July 28th 2010, 4:43 pm

I've been stacking my OOFM toons in pet fights as much as i can, and i've won the last 6 i've entered with the same one.

Stats (in case anyone wants to try to duplicate it)
Small Spider Egg: cruelty 10 agility 16 fitness 33 ruse 40

runes(in order): 3x buff, debuff, frost, 2x fist, shadow, 2x twin, 2x frost, 3x axe, 2x fist, tech, 2x debuff

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch December 1st 2010, 8:51 pm

1. Fitness = Con, Agility = Dex, Ruse = Int, Cruelty = Pow
2. Build a 100 stat pet (100 con or 100 int or blah blah)
3. Use right weapon runes: Pow - Axe/Shadow/Fire, Con - Mace/Spear/Earth, Dex - Sword/Twinblades/Ice, Int - Fist/Lightning/Holy.
4. High Penetration Runes(Spear/Holy/Twinblades/Ice/Lightning/Sword) > Armor/Ward > Low Penetration Runes(the other 6 weapons) > High Penetration Runes.
5. Use some buff/debuff runes, they can increase your stats/reduce your opponent's stats in the fight. But don't use too many!
6. Do not use these runes: Willpower(totally fail against all runes other than spirit), Summon(it beats all weapon rune by +1, but will be defeated by tech +8/spirit +4/buff +4/debuff +4).
7. Place some spirit rune in first 6 rune slots since too many guys like playing buff/debuff first.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan December 3rd 2010, 6:45 pm

So you go 100 of one particular stat on each pet, use all the matching runes you can, and fill the rest with buff/debuff/tech/armor/ward/whatever. With this method, how reliable is your win rate? Does it account for certain runes that seem to just overperform (e.g. earth) or do you think the over performance just confirmation bias?

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : My new theory on pet fighting/racing. 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch December 3rd 2010, 8:58 pm

I just cut an pasted that from the estiah forums. Was originally posted by Antiviper.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down