Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Fury or not To Fury

3 posters

Go down

To Fury or not To Fury Empty To Fury or not To Fury

Post by lessigfan December 13th 2009, 4:11 pm

Balls of Steel made me rethink my use of fury charms, and I thought it was really good advice. Exactly the sort of thing we could all benefit from posting, so I'm putting it here for anyone else around level 27/28 and still relying heavily on fury charms (like me).

BoS wrote:hey man, just wanted to point out something

at my current lvl, fury potions and blind fury are virtually worthless.
i use honor axe, which does 44 melee(5% P)

fury potion gives me +47 on next melee, but i lose 18 life total in 6 turns....so its basically a delayed attack that costs me 18 life

while blind fury eats at my armour/ward and gives me a delayed attack of 45 melee

they are only worth something if u are using a set with alot of damage+break protection.....other than that they are useless

thought id inform you Smile

I agreed:

lessigfan wrote:Good thinking, I need to reconsider my use of fury charms. The reason I've stayed with them, is because I think one attack of 80 damage is better than two of 45. Either because of the other guy could slap on some armor in between, or because a fury charm (as you point out) could be coupled with a piercing or armor-debuff weapon. I do use a lot of debuffing class charms, so fury charms do couple nicely with those.

I try to use more blind fury than fury potions because I pack very little ward/armor by default, but I've only got 3 blind fury, so I typically use a fury potion or two as well, and the health reduction does hurt. I've had pretty good luck with the fury charms so far, particularly since I have very few of the honor sword/shadow/axe/earth items which do damage comparable to a fury potion. Partially that's because my stats aren't there yet (I can only use the honor sword at present), partially that's because I haven't PvP'd enough.

I do rely too heavily on fury potions, and I do need to wean myself off them. Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it!

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : To Fury or not To Fury 41152

Back to top Go down

To Fury or not To Fury Empty Re: To Fury or not To Fury

Post by SinMan December 13th 2009, 4:41 pm

I'm not at that level yet, but even using wide swing and focus staff seems to be worth it so far. The bigger hit makes a big difference so people can't put armor/wards on, or you just destroy the protections in one hit. Maybe if you use some of the +1 action charms once in a while you can probably build up some huge hits that there's no way to defend against. The negative life doesn't matter much if you kill them fast!

SinMan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Number of posts : 406
High Path or Class : Warrior
Headshot : To Fury or not To Fury Sinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Yigh December 13th 2009, 7:04 pm

Fury is good for quickness sets. I'd Fury, on my next turn I'd had 20+47+24over a few turns.

Once you get to charms that do 40 damage, fury is redundant, yes.
Yigh
Yigh
Retired Major General
Retired Major General

Number of posts : 1904
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : To Fury or not To Fury Pedobear1op8m333m8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down