Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unbound!

5 posters

Go down

Unbound! Empty Unbound!

Post by lessigfan October 2nd 2011, 5:02 pm

I thought we could get started with an Unbound guide. I'm currently working towards blade of betrayal, so I'm not through reliably yet - actually I blew ~1000 APs and got through just once - but maybe others can pitch in.

Fight 1 - Frozen Slyph

I did it with summons. You need will. You also need no cpb magic, so you've got to normalize/purge or debuff yourself or both. No EAs either. I've seen aura decks with lots of cleanse work, I've heard heavy heavy banes can work, as well as some other squirrely ones, but summons are easiest IMO.

Spoiler:

Fight 2 - Cryotic Hulk

You need to make your ally protect and attach summons to the hulk, most come from Solace in Solitude. I haven't found a terribly reliable deck yet, but when I do, I'll update.

Fight 3 - Alhazred

I'm not yet finished farming Blade of Betrayal.

Fight 4 - Aurora

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Unbound! 41152

Back to top Go down

Unbound! Empty Re: Unbound!

Post by ogopogo October 3rd 2011, 1:16 am

I've been meaning to start this topic for a while, thanks for getting this going.

My fight 1 gear is pretty much the same as yours, with a couple of high level summons (Dabih, jagged cleaver, joyeuse for penetration) that get this into the pretty close to 100% victories. Some people might do this with auras, but i think that come with a risk (you can't use kyud to remove the harmful auras on yourself). Only difference is i use drug inhibitor instead of moondrop water.

I took a different strategy for fight 2: i protect and use aoe auras to get my ally to buff his attacks. It is risky, but after working on it i got a gear with a decent win ratio
Gear-Unbound F2:

Fight 3 is brutal, RNG can make this seem easy as pie or impossible.
Your best chance is using both Blade of Betrayal and Infusion of Light for an early cleanse plus lots of group auras, mostly helping alyona (two key charms- clarity of purpose extends her auras according to how many auras she has on herself, and fast freeze can get a lot of projection).
my gear for fight 3:
If you have a couple of copies of Salamath's judgement, you might want to get them in here, too.

Fight 4 i don't know if i'm doing right- I mostly debuff aurora and keep myself protecting (while keeping my armor/ward as low as possible) so she won't get cleansed, and let my allies do all the damage. There is a problem with this: the fight starts with aurora stunned for a while, and you and your allies getting purged every turn while this is going. I know "a while" sounds vague, but i actually have no idea what makes her come out of her stun- seems to be one of those auras with a chance to get consummed, which means you really have no way to make her come out of that in a reliable way (which sucks- i've lost fights by exhaustion before i could begin doing damage)
Moreover: you need to play 3x Ritual of Binding here if you want to get the "Aurora" lvl 51 epic and bound lightning essence, which makes the fight quite harder.
My gear for fight 4:

ogopogo
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 18
Headshot : Unbound! Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Novacat October 6th 2011, 7:49 pm

Well, I guess I will start posting here too, even though success is slow going.

Fight 1: Similar gear to the first, except I did use the Shield of the Whale, I had no summon-willpower charms so I used Claw of Dark Wisdom, and I included Star Gauntlet as a summon extender.

Spoiler:

Fight 2: As Chaofan's gear, but without Nhyle's Compassion or Fervor's Flame. Use Strength in Humility. Would add more AoE auras if I had them. Used Way of the Recruit to survive to exhaustion.

Spoiler:

Must go get more 25K Combination charms for fight 3!
Novacat
Novacat
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 125
High Path or Class : Paladin
Headshot : Unbound! 62282

Back to top Go down

Post by ogopogo October 8th 2011, 3:47 pm

Thanks for mentioning strength in humility, i had forgotten about that one!

ogopogo
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe October 13th 2011, 5:57 pm

Has anyone figured out the first charm the Sylph uses?

Frigid Sylph uses [Turbulent Barrier]
Frigid Sylph's armor raises to 500
Chaotic winds swirl around the Frigid Sylph, deflecting weapons and spells alike. If only you could bring calm to those winds!
Frigid Sylph is affected by Of the Wind
Of the Wind takes effect, Frigid Sylph is cleansed

That bold part looks awfully much like a hint to a hidden effect. Taking out the armor is not it, or at least not all of it.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 124
High Path or Class : Pyromaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe April 17th 2012, 1:24 pm

I've made it through the first 3 fights, but am stuck at the last. The aura on the Haze just won't trigger and Aurora just won't unstun. My best guess as of now is that you need to play or discard an epic charm from the forges.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 124
High Path or Class : Pyromaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch April 29th 2012, 4:20 pm

I'm assuming i need infusion of light + blade of betrayal for Unbound F3. And just when i thought I was ok on gold for a bit, 250k on 2 sets of charms. Mad

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan April 29th 2012, 6:51 pm

You really just need the blades, that's how I've done it, but I'm sure infusion would help too.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : Unbound! 41152

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch June 4th 2012, 8:06 am

Fight 2:

Howie Feltersnatch