Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That Bitter Nourishment - Wildhowl L. 29

+2
lessigfan
Howie Feltersnatch
6 posters

Go down

That Bitter Nourishment - Wildhowl L. 29 Empty That Bitter Nourishment - Wildhowl L. 29

Post by Howie Feltersnatch December 20th 2010, 11:51 am

Fight One: I used summons, but i think Banes would also work, or a combination of the 2.

Fight Two: CPB Melee

Fight Three: Haven't gotten this one yet.

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

That Bitter Nourishment - Wildhowl L. 29 Empty Re: That Bitter Nourishment - Wildhowl L. 29

Post by lessigfan December 22nd 2010, 1:30 am

These are really quite rough, I can't imagine anyone less than level 40 going through all of them.

Fight 1. Summons & maybe a touch of cleanse. Easy if you've got enough summons. Banes won't work because the count is stunned. Melee/magic CPB won't work because you get normalized and the count is immune. Spirit won't work because they're not exhaustible.

Fight 2. Banes are easy, but other strategies may work just fine too.

Fight 3. You've pretty much got to use high damage magic against Lez & Nip. Your magic attacks get buffed each round, so they're the way to go - don't bother with ongoing buffs. Lez cleanses so banes are out, unless you have curse of the flesh of course.

Fight 4. You have to kill the corrupting spirit before your ally is exhausted. I did it with high spirit charms, you may be able to do with with magic/melee or something else. You don't need to protect, but any AoE will helps.

EDIT: Some of the crafts are great for aura decks!

Last edited by lessigfan on December 29th 2010, 2:09 am; edited 2 times in total

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot : That Bitter Nourishment - Wildhowl L. 29 41152

Back to top Go down

That Bitter Nourishment - Wildhowl L. 29 Empty Re: That Bitter Nourishment - Wildhowl L. 29

Post by shadowmirror December 23rd 2010, 10:14 am

hum...I just passed it two,flowing are my feeling:

Fight 1:Banes is not good idea because the second enemy is in stun.

Fight 2:I passed it with guild gear directly.

Fight 3:Lez will steal the cpb,Nip will sap melee,and you got magic non-going boost,so use magic directly,my level 43 champion failed for not being good at it.

Fight 4:After my berserker failed to killed it with melee nor spirit,I finially found something written on its healing charms :
Heals 45
If armor or ward is 0
If willpower is 0.
lost 85 life.

shadowmirror
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 41
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : That Bitter Nourishment - Wildhowl L. 29 46012

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe February 2nd 2011, 2:26 pm

Get over 20 Willpower in fight 1 and the count dies automatically, Feet Bind is awesome for making sure the assassin doesn't kill you with his 100% piercing damage. Melee, ongoing debuff and cumulative WP seems to be the way to go.

Fight 2 is easy, melee CPB, as Howie said. There's a hidden mechanic where the Mage gains 700 Life if he's under a certain amount of HP (300, I think). Once you deal ~100 dpt, killing him before it triggers again is not a problem.

I won Fight 3 by using massive amounts of +next magic and some cleanse, then magic charms that give a bit of ward to Keep Lez from healing. Easy.
That turned out to be fairly unreliable in the end. It started out well, but at times it'd be a complete waste of AP.
Then it struck me, you get a ton of armor and ward at the beginning (at least if you're over level 36) and Nip protects. My current setup for this fight is the holy Sage class charms and 5 Frozen Arcs. Those 20 are easily enough, it might even be possible to go as low as 15 charms, but I haven't tried that yet.

Fight 4 is easy with a combination of Shadow and Spirit, my ally still had 11 spirit left when the spirit exhausted. Use Mind Cheer if you have it already, the 2 cumulative WP for your ally are great. The key to winning easily is to exploit the mechanic where the spirit loses 85 life, gives willpower to you and your ally, and deals 2 Spirit damage to itself if its willpower and armor or ward are at 0. Sort of like Waters of Life...

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 124
High Path or Class : Pyromaniac
Headshot : That Bitter Nourishment - Wildhowl L. 29 Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Obadiah August 16th 2011, 8:34 am

MeDeFe wrote:Get over 20 Willpower in fight 1 and the count dies automatically,
Is this curse broken? I'm trying to get through on my level 30 alt, but it seems that this doesn't work. Is there a hidden level requirement before the curse takes effect? I'm assuming it affected me because of this line:
The essence of the charms are fusing together to form a new effect!
The Count uses [3 Years Later]
The Count gains 265 HP
The Count targets Smokin

Obadiah
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 126
High Path or Class : Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe August 16th 2011, 9:07 am

http://progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=3_Years_Later

Yes, if you're level 35 or below the assassin dies at the beginning of the fight, but you have to kill the count the usual way instead.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Obadiah August 16th 2011, 9:38 am

Thanks Medefe, I finally got pass the count, but now I'm stuck with F4. The corrupting spirit dies at the beginning so I'm left with just Heartbreaking Despair. Spiriting him kills the Innocent quickly because of the spirit attacks it does against the Innocent. I know that Soul of Regret gives the Innocent 4 WP if the Despair has 0 armor or ward, but once the Despair pulls Thoughts of Suicide, the Innocent is toast. Do I have to do 3K damage by the 85th move? That's impossible at my level, there has to be some mechanic I'm not seeing.

Obadiah
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch August 16th 2011, 10:09 am

I actually don't remember this fight and i'm sure I would have if it were difficult. Sounds like you just need to knock off the protection and it kills itself.

Fight 4:After my berserker failed to killed it with melee nor spirit,I finially found something written on its healing charms :
Heals 45
If armor or ward is 0
If willpower is 0.
lost 85 life.

Disregard, I was there before the dungeon changes at a higher level.

Howie Feltersnatch

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by Obadiah August 17th 2011, 7:36 am

I'm there at lvl 30 Howie. I found it's basically RNG luck, if the Innocent can get Succumb out before the Despair plays Thoughts of Suicide, it's instant win.

Obadiah
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by MeDeFe August 17th 2011, 4:08 pm

AFAIK The Innocent will always pull Succumb when it's down to 2 or 3 charms, so if you can get it down to 1 spirit before Thoughts of Suicide is played, you win.

In other words: Try not to give it WP and see if that works.

MeDeFe
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJackal January 17th 2012, 10:23 am

Its definitely doable at level 38/39 if you have the charms ( ie you take your time levelling. )

Fight 1: Probably my worst but I get through it in two or three goes

5x Scroll of Serenity
5x Helm of Repentance
5x Feetbind

Stack the rest with Summons

( Empathy and Invoked Bear claws are great if you can use them )

Fight 2: CPB melee with some focus

Fight 3: If you are a novice its push buttan time.

5x Blue dragon bone
5x Lightning Reflexes
5x Boreal Spear

Fill the rest with Novice Aura magic charms and watch the big hits come in

For everyone else use the blue dragon bones, lightning reflexes and boreal spears and use 5x Mana surge and any other aura + magic charms and fill with Magic.

Fight 4: Spirit all the way

5x Lawfull Wills
5x Seduction if able and stack the rest with high spirit ( Crumbling Confidence works great as does Acid Cloud ward destruction ) Black Hand is essentially an extra action/spirit charm in this fight if you can use it too.

Doable in 100 AP as a rule
TheJackal
TheJackal
Major General
Major General

Herenvale Nickname : Wolfsbane
Number of posts : 1577
Headshot : U.G.L.Y.

Back to top Go down

Post by Obadiah January 19th 2012, 9:58 am

It is also doable at lvl 37, but I highly recommend waiting till you are lvl 38 and have a full 5x Feet Bind. I'm blowing through roughly 100 AP just on the first fight at level 37 because I can't use Feet Bind till lvl 38.

Obadiah
Estiah
Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJackal January 20th 2012, 9:54 am

Yep my Summoner to be just levelled to 38, much easier with Feetbind
TheJackal
TheJackal
Major General
Major General

Herenvale Nickname : Wolfsbane
Number of posts : 1577
Headshot : U.G.L.Y.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum