Monk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For All of You Interested in the Order

+60
Machiavel
B LAN T SERA
destinydemon
Abnormal Visions
TheBlessed
dagmar
aone
Seraph Absolute
Seraphiel
Sir Hitssohard
Yigh
Howlett
Pedro Penduko
Gorus the Wise
Johnny Homicide
Yiigh
iRon Heat
gandacelu
DrG House
kaox
SBDgiant
Micin
Meleagant
Artirius
Nuitari
TheAnswer
MaStur
FFister
kokapelli
Got Talak
Tara of Estia
licinius
Jesi
DaBunBun
Vaahl
Silhana
Grieg Demetrius
General Ming
Pretty Pika
Gundy
scifiassassin
Merissa
Despero
Dante Raine
dragonskin
Aquilus
Hammerstein
McCord
xalzamir
Martian Manhunter
Asgenar
PoNpieru
Jadevixen
Dr_Rick_Dagless
hermitsagemike
SinMan
Semaphor
Socrate
The Redeemer
A Nun
64 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Empty Re: For All of You Interested in the Order

Post by Dante Raine July 13th 2008, 1:43 pm

1. What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies?
As
it stands right now I'm just trying to make my current build as
effective as possible, however I'm also looking at the beta and what
things are changeing; to that end I'm (trying at least) to put together
an Offline Character editor to tweak builds and loadouts. I try to Use
items that may not be the most popular, but if used right can be really
effective (A few of the Kronish Crewmans set for example can give you a
decent boost to Precision for about 79 power)

2. Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies?
Defiantly,
If i can help, I'd like to try. I know I wouldn't be were I am today in
the game if I hadn't had help from the forums. I'm on most of the time,
and being an UK player it means that I can be on when players in other
timezones can't be online.

3. What made you decide to apply?
Partially
because of the prestige that's associated with the two orders and
secondly because I would like to join a guild thats more than just a
collection of people that don't really have anything to do with each
other.

4. If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
Telekinesis; what can't you do with Telekinesis?
Dante Raine
Dante Raine
Retired Colonel
Retired Colonel

Number of posts : 104
High Path or Class : Assassin
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Dante_raine

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Empty Guild application

Post by Liquidit July 13th 2008, 7:46 pm

Copy whatever Cub3 does. Seriously.

2. Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies?
Always. That's the second best part about duels (the first being trading itemses!)

All the people I like are in BM - Cub3, Xalz, Master Shake, etc. Also, Prime's not in it, which is a huge bonus.

My superpower is (I mean, uh, would be...) that I can use actions in real life. I'd probably use Perfect Timing alot, so I could just get extreme on people whenever I wanted to. That'd be hot.

Liquidit

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Empty Re: For All of You Interested in the Order

Post by Despero July 17th 2008, 11:46 pm

Watch top duelist fights, think about what it is that makes them different from me. That and badger other people in the guild for help.

Definitely.

When I first played, I asked Consider Yourself for some advice, and he helped me out a lot. I gained a lot of respect for him, and that is why I am applying now.

Power to fly, with the gas prices these days it's impossible to get anywhere.

Despero
Initiate
Initiate

Number of posts : 19
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Avatar_thumb

Back to top Go down

Post by Merissa July 19th 2008, 11:47 pm

Currently trying to make the best out of sledge and bbc. Since it's hard for me to get a respec, im traning a shield slammer and a ded/ambush assaisian. I'm making a lot of progress with the slammer, i often win the tournys and i rank very high in the ladders. Since i only have 1 effective weapon right now , im planning on leveling the slammer to 40 next week.

Of Course.

Monk's is the guild where i think i will enjoy everything that guild's have to offer, fun, getting new friends, and other stuff. And i can't think myself playing duels without being in a guild and Monk's has what i look for in a guild.

Psionic Blast. Who know's when i'll need it? Maybe i can use it on my teacher if i got a bad grade :-)
Merissa
Merissa
Retired 1st Lieutenant
Retired 1st Lieutenant

Number of posts : 69
High Path or Class : Warrior
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Messed_up_your_face

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorus July 22nd 2008, 2:35 pm

Basically my Mage, Asassin and Druid builds were made by myself. Of cours i will not lie and say that I didn't ask help for gear thus my mage is now inactive, but my asassin is badass and druid too.

Of course I would

The 0% activity of Notorious guild and the guildmaster (who is addicted to something else)

I'd like to have x-ray vision. Why? Cuz im normally orientated!

Gorus

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Empty Survey Says

Post by LeRoy Je July 26th 2008, 6:16 pm

Welcome!
Glad to see you have found your way to our humble guild's forums! The
Order of the Burning Monk is a competitive, friendly guild of players
who desire to innovate and generally improve the Duels community.
Should you be interested in joining our guild simply answer the
following questions and post your replies in this thread.

1. What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies? Growing up I just copied a lot of what I saw...got to level 39 and 40...does not work so well. So now I am playing around with actions, stats, and builds. My time is limited, honestly, most of the time I just get right now and try to make some money and open some packs to get some items I want.

2. Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies? The best I will be able to do is answer questions about what I have seen in warriors that works and does not work. So, yes, to the extent of my abilities.

3. What made you decide to apply? This guild seems to be a bit more mature from what I have seen and I have gotten more good advice from your members than any other guilds.

4. If you had a superpower, what would it be and why? I would say stop time, but I hate when people use that on me. Used to be X-ray vision but now I am married and don't need it. Lets see now...it would have to be the pinky move that kung fu panda uses.

Thank you for your interest in the Order and Happy Dueling!

LeRoy Je

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Empty My application

Post by scifiassassin July 29th 2008, 1:09 am

Well, I am going for as much of the stinging poison build as I can.
That means as much speed and perception as I can get, with a side
helping of stamina so I can survive those nasty TT mages and high hp
warriors.

Of course. I am leveling another assassin, a warrior, a mage, and a
druid. Of course, only the warrior and mage have gotten to the high
path, but my focus has been on the assassin. I am to learn as much as I
can so I can help others.

I have found that in online rpg's, it is really beneficial to be in a
guild. Sometimes for protection, but in this case, there is the mutual
benefit of being able to give and receive information and also, I get a
lot of packs, and I hate simply selling the bad items to the vendor.
Being in a guild would allow me to help others by making really good
deals on good items that I simply can't keep (I'm a free member, so I
only have 35 item slots).

Simple, transfiguration. I have always been interested in bald eagles.
I collect figurines of them. In short, I am addicted. With
transfiguration, I could become what I have always been interested in.
I know, I could become a cobra or polar bear as well, but to me, the
bald eagle is best. I simply would love to experience being one.
scifiassassin
scifiassassin
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Number of posts : 127
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Scifiassassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gundy July 29th 2008, 10:26 am

First off, I'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Brian Gundersen, and I'm a 22 year-old Senior at the University of Maryland - Baltimore County (UMBC for short).

I've played video games since I was very young, and have owned just about every system since Nintendo (even Dreamcast!).

Well, I see the Assassin as a trickster who disappears into the shadows and unleashes brutal attacks when their target is unsuspecting. I've decided to start with a Feint build, as I've read on the Duels forums, but it's going to have a little "flair" to it.

Absolutely! Duels is just a "fight simulator", and there's no real button-mashing involved. This means that both your build and strategy are critical to a victory. I'll freely volunteer any information that I think would help a fellow guildmate, and I expect the same from them.

Well, it occurred to me when I started playing this game that it's relatively difficult to be social, I mean...everyone's fighting all the time! Smile I decided to look for a well-established guild that was small - I really dislike big zerg guilds, you don't get to know even half of the people in a 200 member guild. OOBM and OOFM don't recuit anyone off the street, and seem to attract talented and knowledgeable players. That's what piqued my interest.

Oh man. Everyone's probably going to say Time Travel...
Well, I don't trust myself with the fabric of time sooooo I'm going to have to say that I'd want to fly or teleport. I mean, gas prices are only going to go up, right?

Gundy
Initiate
Initiate

Number of posts : 5
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Gundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty Pika August 1st 2008, 1:11 am

A revelation: I am "the vendor" and Pretty Pika is my main or used to be until I was tempted to put 5 skill points on Ironwood Thorns, and FF got castrated... After that, everything went black!

affraid

I have been a Druid since DC2 packs were all the rave and I can very much tell what are the strengths and weakness of my high path as well as the other three for I have played and still playing them all. But I have always been a Druid at heart. I like the appeal of all the Druidic skills and actions. Most of the time, I don't initiate strategy topics but I am always willing to share my thoughts and experience. Lastly, I may not always have the best build but I hate to join the band wagon of Druid builds... not unless I am on the wagon first!
Very Happy

I have given up on putting a BoA link on my forum sig but I haven't stopped helping people.

First, Xalzamir invited me to join. Xal, Kruga, and I had an unofficial guild back when guilds were not implemeted yet. Three is a crowd but certainly NOT a guild. Second, does the fact that I like to burn things (not neccesarily monks) count as another reason?

At one point in time, I always wanted to control time but I don't like being on any band wagon. So, I'd opt for the power to grow trees (not Ironwood thorns... I badly need a respec!), control insect swarms, create blizzards, and lastly...
to NERF all other people with superpowers.
lol!

Pretty Pika
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 278
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot : Arch Druid Pika

Back to top Go down

Post by esmerala August 1st 2008, 11:27 pm

Lets see...tries out pretty much everything. (Testing BF on alt...lol). Always a shield lover too of course so knows my way around the shields.

Of course. Its part of the game afterall.

Hm...who dosent love an avy of a guy burning..lol. Plus, dont like guilds with like 100 players. Small communities is where the real work is done.

Bit too late to ask me that, I already have one Wink. I just havent discovered it yet.

esmerala

Back to top Go down

Post by General Ming August 9th 2008, 8:28 am

What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies?

Testing out whether Sledgers need BBC or not.

Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies?
If i could help them out in any way I can, why not.

What made you decide to apply?
It sucks being in a crowd of hundreds.

If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?
The ability to kill. nothing more. ^^
General Ming
General Ming
Retired 1st Lieutenant
Retired 1st Lieutenant

Number of posts : 247
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 General_ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Grieg Demetrius August 9th 2008, 9:06 am

Primarily inspired by HEALTH WHORE, I just decided to play the Stamina build after seeing the build's success when it was utilized in the WDC and ladders.

Certainly.

I was looking for a guild that had good players in it, but are humble enough not to be elitists.

Jumping, like in the movie Jumper. XD
Grieg Demetrius
Grieg Demetrius
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 536
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Shorebot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora August 10th 2008, 6:03 am

Greetings monks.
Both who are burning and freezing.
I am applying for Sora. Sora Elsa from duels.com

Just the usual stuff. Find someone with the build that we created to beat (e.g we create a resist build to crush slow druids), and challenge him/her to a non action battle at first. If it works good then try and challenge him to a non action battle. count both percentage of winning in action and non action battle. If the winning results have reached more than 75% then i would say it's a good build, otherwise it needs more tweaking.

I also likes to see and watch the best from the class battle (in my case, assassin-ambushsin especially) and learn more from their strategies.

Would i rather see them die? No. I would help them as far as i can help.

I'd must say Xalzamir's persistence Smile. Also I've talked to some of OOBM people for awhile now. They are nice and great people to talk to. Especially Lessigfan, I'd really like to discuss some more builds strategies with him.

Simple, i just want to turn back time to redo some things that i've done wrong in real life. A real respec button will be fully appreciated, it will be convenient. really.

well, that's about that for now.
ps. your smileys is fun.

Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Naglfar August 13th 2008, 9:58 am

Hey There!

Code:
What are you doing to try and innovate your High Path's strategies?

At the moment I'm thinking of trying out a new, completely different Assassins build... I'm always trying to make the build I'm using better.

Code:
Will you be willing to help fellow guild members in developing their own specific strategies?

Certainly. I never say no to someone who needs help with testing his build vs mine, or requires info on something. Smile

Code:
What made you decide to apply?

I decided to join a guild and I wanted to be in a guild with competitive and friendly duelists and not in some lame guild without active players. I also talked to Semaphor on the chat and he recommended Monks.

Code:
If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?

I already have superpowers Very Happy I would like to have the power of mind-manipulation anyway... the power to change people's minds, feelings, etc. (Hey you seem to have some nice legendaries there... *MIND MANIPULATION PROCESS STARTED*)

Naglfar

Back to top Go down

Post by De Stroy August 13th 2008, 4:07 pm

--As of now the only high oath I have played with is High Path of the Warrior.
What I am working on with my alt (Dorian Mode) is make Charge as playable as possible.
I personally think that charge is the hardest opener to play with a warrior. As of now I have had 0 positive results.

--YES!.. I am totally willing to help anyone in anyway possible. I am pretty good with every warrior build. (I even made a speed stealth warrior before, he turned out pretty well.)

--Because I wanted to be a part of an elite, competitive, friendly group of players.
Do I have to go any further?

--Super Strength would be sweet!.. Who wouldn't want to be able to bench press a semi truck?

De Stroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhana August 15th 2008, 2:56 pm

1. Once I can get around to respeccing, I'd like to see whether Stinging Poison works better with dual-wield or sword-n-board.
2. But of course.
3. Well, my old guild seemed to be little more than a name, so I thought I'd go for something that was actually doing something in this community.
4. Ooh, tough call. I suppose being able to shift into a ghostly form (Invisible, able to go through walls, etc.) would have it's benefits.

Silhana
Brand New
Brand New

Number of posts : 3
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Silhana

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaahl August 17th 2008, 8:57 pm

1. Bringing the lovin' back to Ice Storm. Still have yet to fight another stormy Sad

2. Definately. If I know something, i'll share it Smile

3. tbh, what first attracted me to OoFM was the "Freezing" part lol. have a nice little theme going with my Ice Storm Druid, thought "Freezing" would fit it nicely. I've since been in the guild for almost three weeks now, and i'm definately loving it. So many nice and helpful players, great to fight against, and alongside, with.

4. Ice generation, manipulation of water, morphing into ice form, etc lol I <3 Iceman from X-Men haha
Vaahl
Vaahl
Retired Major
Retired Major

Number of posts : 114
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Vaahl

Back to top Go down

Post by Porkules August 20th 2008, 3:05 am

I was part of the group that originally started putting this guild together, but the guilds took so long to be put together, I lost interest in guilds. I'm starting to get back into Duels, and I think I can benefit the Order of the Burning Monk (and vice versa) with my main account (Porkules), and my 3 other alts (all currently level 40, with Porkules a day or two away from level 41.

I'm one of the few pure slammers left out there, so, in a sense, I'm trail-blazing one of the now, least effective high paths. I've been involved in a couple of the betas, trying to help make the way of the warrior a viable build again.

For sure... I'd love to help out fellow slammers (my 3 other alts are each in one of the 4 high paths, so I have a character in each of the high paths).

All my past dueling buddies from almost a year ago (have we really been playing that long??! Yikes) are in the Order.

The ability to influence people to do and understand anything. Influence Man. Wink I figure, with this power, I could do pretty much anything, from control the world, to world peace, to infinite coffee.

Porkules

Back to top Go down

Post by Belthazz August 20th 2008, 9:16 am

Except always-in-use evergreen named Slow, I am working on making Roar viable and hopefully gear enought to make Roar as possible main-opener strategy. I am in middle of testing it against different builds with different sets/loadouts. I am also experienced with nearly all druid openers (except shakes and ice storm), where Ive tried some fun strategies (especiality IT one) and few other high path strategies (for exemple dodge warrior Razz).

For sure, I am always ready to help everyone who ask me ^^.

Unniversally Speaking Smile

Sharingan eye from Anime named Naruto. This weapon will give you tricks like
muscle memory, what is awesome one, because allows you get advantage over your opponent's tricks and abilities, allows you knowing its weapons and lerning them easy. Then illusion manipulation, what gives you advantage over opponent's senses and allows you deal with him without moving. Illusions in combination of telepathy are powerful weapons, its the way, how to kill foe's brain for rest of his life, know his fears, his ideas, his passions and use them against him. As the last trick of Sharingan, I need to notice short-distance transportation, distance which is as short as distance between death and survive Razz.

Belthazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Belthazz August 20th 2008, 9:21 am

And about ladder position, I am 20. in top duelists and 24. in classic duelists.
And my score in tourneys is 51 golds, 60 silvers and 69 bronze medals.
And to say on my feedback, Ive never got negative from trades, for cheating etc...
Oh... and I got yesterday Trooders Razz.

Belthazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Belthazz August 20th 2008, 9:23 am

hell... it didnt displayed my name correctly. Its "Belthazzar" not "Belthazz"

And btw... sorry for my bad english, I am from Slovakia (in heart of Europe Razz)

Belthazz

Back to top Go down

For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Empty oobm

Post by drkshado August 27th 2008, 6:04 pm

wanting to make a staff only IP mage but cant get the right gear?

for sure i loaned out my items recently when i left on holiday

I was looking for a guild that had Universally appeal in it!

Morphing like dude in xmen tahat way i could fly be invisible and all that good stuff

drkshado

Back to top Go down

Post by DaBunBun August 28th 2008, 6:43 pm

Trying a few different things, If i manage to acquire a crest, gonna try a ss build with dodge. Other then that, I like to take a theoretical approach to building a character, only problem is that I don't readily have the items for such builds. I also farm on alts to try to get some items for builds.

Sure, i don't mind getting losses or lending items. And i think its fun to talk over building characters and spotting problems in builds.

I bought membership and am thinking of trying to improve my gameplay in duels. OOBM has some helpful people that i think i could get along with.

BLINK!! A bit like the movie jumper, except I don't need to have pictures, like in Warcraft 3.
Or the ability to emit a power canceling aura!!!

DaBunBun
Brand New
Brand New

Number of posts : 1
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Plaguerunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesi September 1st 2008, 10:34 am

My goal is to be balanced enough so that no opener/setup is an auto-win vs. me.

I find it funny that most people respond to this question with "Oh yeah, I'll totally give my items away!" First of all, the ass-kissing seems pretty apparent. Second, I would think that help with developing loadouts and action sets would be more important. I did very well with only Epics, and I still have no legendaries (I've had a couple, but they never made it into loadouts as I'm pretty tight with my epic loadouts).

I regularly get ladder duels vs. OofBM/OofFM and they usually provide a good challenge. A few members are noticable "nice guys" on the forums. Belthazzar is the main one springing to mind right now.

Teleportation. We spend so much time travelling/waitting to go places in our life, that this would improve our efficiency with everyday things by at least 33%.

Jesi
Initiate
Initiate

Number of posts : 12
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Jesi

Back to top Go down

Post by licinius September 2nd 2008, 6:43 pm

Welcome! Glad to see you have found your way to
our humble guild's forums! The Order of the Burning Monk is a
competitive, friendly guild of players who desire to innovate and
generally improve the Duels community. Should you be interested in
joining our guild simply answer the following questions and post your
replies in this thread.

I believe the best way to innovate my high paths strategy is not to try out different builds that generally arent as strong as the IS/Slow combo, but to test out different load out combinations and different action combinations against different classes to find the perfect set up to hit each different type of build.

Yes. Im an unselfish player. If any one needs anything and i have it and it might make their build better they're free to it. I also like the idea of getting to bounce different strategies off one another.

Was going to apply to burning monk, and saw that currently only freezing is taking applications. I would love to be a part of either/or.
Seems like a well rounded group of players.

The ability to read minds. That way i would know what people were thinking, what there next move would be... You could do a tremendous ammount of things with that power.

Thank you for your interest in the Order and Happy Dueling!

licinius
Brand New
Brand New

Number of posts : 1
Headshot : For All of You Interested in the Order - Page 3 Licinius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum